awareness

1. F

26 with fibro

Hi everyone :smile: I'm Tony, a 26 year old female. I'm not sure when my Fibromyalgia started but I was diagnosed by the start of 2017. I think it's been 8 years (I had wrist pain that spread to my shoulder and neck now all over my body). I'm angry about it one day, and a fighter in another...
  2. vickythecat

Caterpillar Walk - awareness & fundraising for fibro & chronic pain

Hi, I live on the other side of the planet, but was happy to hear that there is a walk in NYC (and probably in other cities in the USA) organized by the Fibromyalgia Care Society of America (FCSA). I don't know anything about the organization and, sadly, am not in a position to financially...
  3. Tipnatee N

I can't believe many videos making fun of fibrosufferers are still online

I understand the freedom of speech but wow!! I hated it when I clicked it by accident and ended up with some thing that literally left me specchless. :-x At lease for for a few hours. :sad: which is one of the reason why I've never personally post any video on YouTube ever. Don't get me wrong...
  4. Sagey

Documentary with Lady Gaga

Hi Guys, I was just reading that Lady Gaga will have a documentary about herself and Fibro on September 22 on Netflix, just to let u know. She said when she feels better she will start to bring more awareness and research about the disease,I hope. Sagey
  5. vickythecat

Lady Gaga reveals she suffers from fibromyalgia

There are a number of celebrities who suffer from fibromyalgia (Morgan Freeman, Sinead O'Connor for example), so now Lady Gaga is added to the list. I also read that her documentary on her chronic pain struggles and mental health issues have been chronicled in a documentary which will air soon...
  6. vickythecat

Raising Awareness and Taking Action

Hi, Aren't we all frustrated how time and time again doctors have not taken us seriously? Or how fibromyalgia is not considered serious enough for certain benefits, social help, disability payments, referrals to occupational/physical therapists etc? Or how people around us just see this outer...
  7. C

HELP needed please!!

Hello! I am currently an undergraduate student at the University of Surrey, UK. I have been living with Fibromyalgia and M.E. for many years myself. As part of my degree I am focusing my dissertation research on the experiences of Fibromyalgia and linked aspects of health. I am really hoping...
  8. M

Im not Contagious/Fibro awareness

I ran into an old school friend, When I told her I had Fibromyalgia, she took steps back, away from me as if I was contagious. Fibromyalgia awareness, obviously not known in my area.
  9. M

Pretty sure I have fibromyalgia

Hi, my name is Joy. I am new to these forums, and this is my first post. I am 37 years old. I have been struggling for a long time, getting diagnosed with various things. 1. I had GERD (acid reflux), and my gastroenterologist told me it was the cause of my IBS, even though IBS started...
  10. D

Diagnosed and Confused

Hi. My Name is Dalisay Nunez 36, I was diagnosed way back August of 2013 after having muscle weakness and chronic legs and arm pain. I've been in and out of the hospital, new doctors for every new complain i have with my body before i was diagnosed. I have been checked by a lot of Doctors and I...
Back