abdominal

1. F

Strange stuff

After my initial newby thread I was diagnosed in November which seemed too easy after all the things I had read. I ended up getting a second opinion from rhumy. I filled out the standard fibro pain form, however he doesn't like the term Fibromyalgia because it was a trash can term by so many...
  2. H

Intense exercise and strict diet seem to be key

Hello, Everyone! I don't want to make anyone feel bad if they can't do this. It just has helped me so much that I wanted to share my experience in case it might help someone else. I increased my exercise to try to suppress my disease with a high level of fitness and changed my diet, and it has...
  3. C

Partner Tentatively Diagnosed

I'm dealing with doctor frustration like never before!! I personally suffer with Interstitial Cystitis and I feel I'm pretty used to dealing with doctor silliness, but I don't understand this at all. About 6 months ago, in October 2016, my partner (19 y/o female) began experiencing abdominal...
  4. A

New here and at my wits end!

Hello everyone! My name is Arynn and I'm truly at my wits end and seeking some advice or comforting thoughts. Let's begin with me, I'm a 24 year old female from Canada. I've been suffering chronic pain for 4 years now. Two years ago I was throwing up, nauseas and had horrible migraines that...
  5. K

Fibromyalgia without typical pain

I was sure the "do I have this?" questions would be numerous and look there's a whole section for it. My situation is complex and my brain is all foggy and tired but I'm trying to leave the blackout curtain open long enough to cool the room so I will try to get started and probably ramble on...
  6. R

Chronic fatique and breathing

Dear all, This message I have also posted in the General discussion forum. I also want to reach people who suffer from chronic fatique, hence a copy of my post here: My girlfriend was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in Junuary 2015. Since then, I have been reading scientific papers and books...
  7. R

Fibromyalgia and breathing

Dear all, My girlfriend was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in Junuary 2015. Since then, I have been reading scientific papers and books regarding fibromyalgia and chronic fatique syndrome (from which she suffers too). One specific (Dutch) book, written by a psychiatrist, got my attention. In it...
  8. S

Licorice

While attempting to put the pieces of this fibro puzzle together for myself, licorice came to mind. I remember reading once that licorice could cause adverse effects in some people: this is according to the University of Maryland Medical Center: "Licorice with glycyrrhizin may cause serious...
  9. S

Herpes/Fibro, IMC-1 update

I see there had been a previous thread about this clinical trial. So supposedly there were positive results (although no results have been posted on the NIH database) and it has been granted fast-track status by the FDA, and phase III is scheduled for 2017. I don't know how all the pieces fit...
  10. S

Abdominal Issues

Seems like many of us go through various abdominal issues...pain, indigestion, IBS, etc. Just want to see if anyone else keeps track of what sets it off, or if any have had issues pre-fibro diagnosis. Maybe we can find some common ground on connecting factors. I've mentioned in other posts...
Back