humor

1. M

First time in forum vent

This is my first time posting in public about my fibromyalgia. I was a teenager in the 90's when diagnosed. The past few years have brought more pain, injury and devastating depression and suicidal thoughts that I ever imagined. I've tried patient rehab, support groups, friends, relatives...
  2. W

Another new person to the forum :)

Hi! Dx in 1997. An old timer to fibro. I am 67. It sucks. I also have blown knees and spondylosis in my neck and lumbar arthritis. i am having a great time! :wink: I take Percocet for my maladies these days and it really helps with the horrible mornings I have. The trouble with taking...
  3. 1sweed

Disability Scare Flare

As you might know I have been on here quite some time sharing my advice and life with fibromyalgia with all of you. I got my SSD in 2007, and up until this year they never once contacted me concerning rechecking for eligibility, that is until I got a part time job this year. I came home one day...
  4. T

A little humor in all this madness

Last night I was sitting in my chair ruminating about my disability hearing when something popped into my head. Remember the scene in The Wizard of Oz when the cowardly lion goes up to speak to Oz and he is shaking and stammering and when Oz yells at him he takes off running down the hallway...
  5. A

My FM

In 1983 I was diagnosed with 'Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder'. I had some pain, but had extreme fatigue. IN 1990, at age 43, I had a 'flare up' and saw a rheumatologist who diagnosed FM. What a relief to finally have a definitive diagnosis! All these years I have had occasional flare-ups...
  6. L

Immediate & Extreme Fatigue

Hi there, I tried to do a search so that I didn't duplicate this post, but I did not see one, so I apologize if this is already out there. The question I have, is does anyone experience an almost narcolepsy feeling during the day. I mean fall asleep wherever you are at the drop of a hat? It...
  7. 1sweed

Stress Relief Diet

Does anyone remember seeing or trying this diet. It appears to me it could be helpful in more ways then one. What do you think? The Stress Diet Breakfast: 1/2 of a grapefruit 1 Slice Whole-wheat toast 8 oz Skim milk Lunch: 4 oz Broiled Chicken Breast 1 cup steamed Spinach 1 cup Herbal Tea 1...
  8. K

New to Group

[I] I just joined this group within the last hour. I don't recall how I found it, but this looks like a very active and informative group and one I want to be a part of. I see many topics that I relate to so I will most likely be adding my two cents worth on many of them. When I attend my...
  9. Chrispy93

I've fallen and I can't get up.

I’m 40 years old and I feel like my life is over. Was that all I had to offer? (Not that that’s a bad thing.) I have no where to go from here but down. This is soo heavy for me I have no choice but to put it all aside just so I can try and have a normal day. I don’t think it’s working...
  10. MercyL

IF Not Laughter, What?

My question about laughter was narrow and excluded other outlets for the frustration we all feel when, despite all of our efforts and medications, we still have days laced with cruel, writhing pain or insurmountable fatigue. I find that , once humor has provided all that it can, I seek...
Back