media

1. M

First time in forum vent

This is my first time posting in public about my fibromyalgia. I was a teenager in the 90's when diagnosed. The past few years have brought more pain, injury and devastating depression and suicidal thoughts that I ever imagined. I've tried patient rehab, support groups, friends, relatives...
  2. VanGogh

Venting...

Hmm, we can't reach this page. Try this Make sure you’ve got the right web address: Help with Fibromyalgia | Forum and Support Group Refresh the page Search for what you want This is not exactly what I was seeing but what I was seeing and copied is not what is here now. In other words I've been...
  3. S

Criticism

One thing I find very difficult is the criticism that I receive from others when I do not participate in things that they think I should. Frankly, I don't care what they think of me, but being criticized is still stressful, and for me (I guess for all of us) stress triggers much worse symptoms...
  4. ElsaMarie

Craving sweets??

Does anyone else here crave sweets to the point you think you will loose your mind if you don't get your hands on something gooey and sweet?? I try to not keep a lot of sweets in the house especially pastries. Ever once in a while I get a craving so bad I put some peanut butter in a small bowl...
  5. S

Non-Drug Clinical Trials

I just wanted to make people aware who don't want drugs/don't get relief from drugs that there are current clinical trials for other therapies: yoga, mediation, devices, etc. If you go to the NIH clinical trials database and type in the search bar fibromyalgia and your state, you can see what's...
  6. I

yesterday, sad day of mourning

im posting because im not on face or any other site and this is close and very important to me! yesterday was a bad terrible day for law enforcement we lost two of our brothers on very cruel horrible ways that make me sick! i was alarm response i worked with cops every night i was and am...
  7. L

Need Support - Invalidating Doctor.

First of all, sorry for the length of this. So I had an appointment for my fibromyalgia. I've been told I have it but was getting some more tests ran. I've never seen this doctor before. She was nice at first (and remained 'nice' throughout the appointment). I say 'nice' because some of the...
  8. C

Cfs, fibro, or both?

Never been diagnosed yet. I'm 53, have been having undiagnosed, random issues since I was 15. Eye twitching, lasting days to months, affecting my vision and making my eyes cross. bilateral shoulder pain that lasted for months at 20. So painful,I would put my arms inside my t shirt to hold my...
  9. W

My Success Story.. May help you!

Hi there :-o I'm a 27 year old male that has gone through the rough end from the age of 16 and now over 10 years later I have become stronger and stronger to the point now I would say I am getting close to normal. This post will be about my story of years of researching, seeing dozens of...
  10. D

Can the mercury in dental amalgams cause fibromyalgia?

Ingegerd Rosborg and her colleagues from the University Hospital in Goteburg, Sweden compared the levels of trace elements in the blood and urine of 38 females with fibromyalgia with 41 female controls to determine whether these elements have any role in the causation of the disease. They...
Back