stroke

1. Tipnatee N

Hypohidrosis ( absent sweating) in fibromyalgia

One of my symptom in fibro is hypohidrosis , I really can't sweat at all normally. The only time I sweat is during my night sweat caused by sleep anxiety and sleep disturbance. Or just a feeling of sweating because my hair pores are being force opening to release heat on top of my head while...
  2. Kelvin

Male, 28 - chronic pain

Hi, new here. I've been dealing with chronic pain for several years now, being shuffled from doctor to doctor, trying to figure out what's wrong. I've been on psych disability for 6 or 7 years for severe depression, anxiety, and ptsd. I also suffered from chronic migraine. 2 years ago, I had...
  3. H

Scarier situation than I ever imagined!

I am coping with my recent fibro diagnosis pretty well, but have found myself in a situation far scarier than I ever imagined lately. Six days ago, I woke up with no use of my left arm or leg. A trip to the er cleared me of a stroke and the doctor said it was probably caused by the fibromyalgia...
  4. K

New to forum not to fibro.

Hello, I am a male and I have fibromyalgia. I believe my fibro was triggered by serious medical issues, endocarditis, stroke and breast tumor, I went through in 2012. I am having a tough time. I know my fibro has progressed. Some say it doesn't, but I will tell you I used to get periods of...
  5. arachnerainbow

New member, worried about the future

The first signs of fibromyalgia came about when I was in college. My arms would be aching after completing blue book tests, and my knees would hurt from climbing stairs all day. I figured this was normal at the time. After about a year or so, however, I found my legs throbbing, my arms...
  6. N

I'm in a bad situation that is turning scary

My dad made me go see doctor for a second opinion on my fibro diagnosis because he didn't belive that I had fibro, but his doctor also diagnosed me. I've become dependant on my dad and live at his house (very long story short, it was my grandpa's house and i was living here to take care him...
  7. P

Research - Hyperbaric hope for fibromyalgia sufferers

I found this article in the sidebar of one of my favorite newsgroups and thought I would pass it along. You can find the entire article by searching on the title (in bold below). It may not be a cure, but it is a step in isolating the problem.
  8. J

Nearly Everyone is Magnesium Deficient

This is from a VERY interesting important article on mag deficiency: Personally I take upwards of 1000mg Mag Citrate, Malate, Glycinate separate and often mix them them. Split up doses which gets me about 1000mg per day. If one deals with LOOSE bowels, take less or to bowel tolerance...
  9. M

Numbness

I was recently diagnised with fibromyalgia in February so I'm still trying to sort out the symptoms. I've dealt with minor tingling and numbless in certain areas of my body but yesterday my hand up to the elbow on my right arm and my tongue and lips were VERY numb and weak. I was told to go to...
  10. A

House Chores, Pain and Dizziness

I am new to this forum. I had to retire in 2011 due to CAD and pain. I have always been upbeat and positive, and I used to be able to keep up with the house chores, although I have never been obsessive compulsive. Between the brain fog and the pain that takes over, the morning is the WORST. I...
Back