Lisaterry

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
US
Hello!
I was just diagnosed last week by my family doctor. I have been battling random, widespread pain for some time, but in the last month my upper arms and legs have gotten involved. My doctor diagnosed me without an MRI or any imaging of my bones and I’m constantly fearful that this could really be some random bone cancer and we’re missing it. Crazy, I know! What does your arm/leg pain feel like? Is it constant or does it come and go? Both sides/same place on both sides of your body? Just wanted to compare! Thanks!

Hello!
I was just diagnosed last week by my family doctor. I have been battling random, widespread pain for some time, but in the last month my upper arms and legs have gotten involved. My doctor diagnosed me without an MRI or any imaging of my bones and I’m constantly fearful that this could really be some random bone cancer and we’re missing it. Crazy, I know! What does your arm/leg pain feel like? Is it constant or does it come and go? Both sides/same place on both sides of your body? Just wanted to compare! Thanks!
Yes in the last year it started on the left side and now it's both arms. Mostly across the top of the back and down the arms. Hurts to lift them and it feels like muscle and bone pain. Feel a little better the more I move but the constantly hurt. Hips alot too. Muscles on both sides of the spine also.

My experience- The Pain I experience is soft tissue-the tops of my thighs, and the tops of my forearms and my shins. I also have some arthritis, and I think the two kinds of pain are different in character. As can happen with this wretched mess, my symptoms have come through long periods of intense stress, twice in my life. They seem to begin with long courses of sleeplessness, accompanied by depression, anxiety, EYE TWITCHING (absurd, I know), and fatigue to exhaustion. None of your stuff is crazy, Lisaterry.

Ann Reid, *nothing* is absurd with fibro. It's one lone weird, changing ride. Be kind to yourself. As for the arm pain. For about three months now I have significant shoulder pain - bilateral. I've had both hips replaced from similar pain and am hoping that my shoulders are not following the same path. In the case of my hips, my femoral heads collapsed (docs think) because of 25 years of high impact aerobics and kept it up after being diagnosed having been told that exercise would help with the pain. And it did. But since the artificial hips I've become lethargic and gained 60 pounds... yikes... that can't be helping my general body wide muscle pain. My shoulder pain is in the joint.

Lone fits too, I feel sometimes I am alone but I get it that you wanted to say long.

Do any of you ladies get siatica with your fibro ?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back