Drunken walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I've had a couple of falls. The first one scared me as I didn't realise it was the fibro that caused it but now I know I am careful when I have brain fog. The second time I had my 9 week old grand daughter in my arms. Fortunately she was fine. I haven't told my hubby as I feel he has enough to cope with. He doesn't know about the first fall and my excuse for the second was that I trod on a toy. I feel so bad for him having to cope with my problem/

Yes, I have that same problem I get dizzy when I have Fibro fog. I also feel like my head hits the wall…….. 😐

Yes, this happens to me, too. Although I have had FM for years, just about a year ago I started having balance problems. I thought it was my meds. I mentioned it to my Dr. and she did a test that showed along with the "vertigo" I have nystagmus. Both are to the right. I had an appt. with a PT person who specializes in dizziness and FM but I had to cancel due to the Covid-19. When the quarantine is over, I will update.

I've had balance problems and a feeling of being drunk , which takes up to 24hrs to recover from .I'm currently going through the various tests .To be honest I hope I have Fibromyalgia , as I'll then have answers that I've searched for for years . Thankyou for letting me be a part of your community .I hope I can help myself , and of course others. !!

I've had balance problems and a feeling of being drunk , which takes up to 24hrs to recover from .I'm currently going through the various tests .To be honest I hope I have Fibromyalgia , as I'll then have answers that I've searched for for years . Thankyou for letting me be a part of your community .I hope I can help myself , and of course others. !!

You will find this forum extremely helpful. It is a very welcoming community with a lot of valuable information.I have learnt more about my unusual symptoms of many many years from this forum than from anywhere else. Hope you get the answers you are searching for. And welcome to the forum.😊

Sometimes it makes me quite self conscious. I'm sure people think I've been on the booze. The irony is I can't take alcohol with my fibro as it causes so much pain in my neck!
Sandian,
i have a lot of neck pain as well along with all my scalp hurt and behind my eyes. How do you know that the cause is the alcohol?

Whodat83. The pain you are describing is also something I get often with fibro. The pain from alcohol is down the side of my neck under my ears.I asked the neurologist who diagnosed me and he said that it was likely down to fibro as it started at the same time as the other fibro problems. That's the trouble with fibro. though, It's so easy to put things down to fibro.

Seriously, everyone......do balance exercises every day. You will find that it makes a huge difference.

Yes I get this too, I even fell down this weekend and I swear the people around me probably just thought I was drunk because it was Labor Day weekend but of course I hadn't been drinking at all!

I also find simple balancing exercises helpful, like just standing on one foot, but mid flare here and having a hard time with yoga as it feels like it is hurting rather than helping me. It's a shame about the yoga for me because it is usually a consistent form of exercise and relief but over the past 6 months it has exacerbated things for me, even when doing the gentlest form of yoga I can do. I look forward to be able to get back into my practice when I can, currently working with a physical therapist and I am hoping she can help me with that in time.

I'd read once to brush your teeth standing on one foot (not specifically for fibro, just general 'simplify your life').
In the rheum. clinic there was a wobble board, which I found extremely hard at first, so I practiced it a lot, got better quickly.
On the web I've just seen very different types.
I was recommended yin yoga by a pain doc, staying stretched in each position for 3mins. Excruciating to this day!
Keeping !everything short and regular helps me best.

Wow, I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this disturbing aspect of fibro! I and my family just thought I was clumsy! I recently fell and hit my head which resulted in a few days of seizures and some brain damage that is slowly healing and the walking sideways thing is much worse now. I'm going to physical therapy for it and it's been an interesting journey. I even have homework to do on the days I don't have therapy. Oh well everything is different when you are on the fibromyalgia bus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back