Fire and Ice nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @Scrambles, how are you?
Im 23 years old and I from Perú. This pain that you talk about, the reason is Fibromyalgia?
I do not understand if this symptom is part of fibromyalgia. I have this sympton about 2 mounths.
Las week i go to general medicine and neuro and everything is fine. They will just give me a resonance in a month.
Rheumatologist told me the last week my diagnosis and is fibromyalgia.... I wanted to know if that burning and cold that you talking about is part of fibromyalgia symptom, could you help me please... Im new is this diagnosis and I very scared :(

Hello @Scrambles, how are you?
Im 23 years old and I from Perú. This pain that you talk about, the reason is Fibromyalgia?
I do not understand if this symptom is part of fibromyalgia. I have this sympton about 2 mounths.
Las week i go to general medicine and neuro and everything is fine. They will just give me a resonance in a month.
Rheumatologist told me the last week my diagnosis and is fibromyalgia.... I wanted to know if that burning and cold that you talking about is part of fibromyalgia symptom, could you help me please... Im new is this diagnosis and I very scared :(
Hi Isabel,
welcome to this forum, although of course I am sorry you even need to be here.
First, I do want to encourage you not to be afraid. Many thousands of people live quite successfully with Fibromyalgia, and it is not a death sentence, nor does it mean you cannot still have a really good life and do what you want to do. So, take heart!

The first thing to do is do your best to do your own research on fibro. Not that there is a whole lot to learn, since the medical doctors do not know what causes it and there's no one treatment for it. but learn what you can.

Second, start experimenting with what helps with the pain. don't accept heavy pain meds as the only solution.
Most of us find that the combination of a a healthy diet, regular exercise and sleep, and a positive attitude, along with whatever methods work best for each of us to deal with the pain.

Don't stop doing your activities. You may just have to tone it down a bit, do it slower, take breaks to rest, or find a different way to do it. If you are not currently physically active several days a week, put that into your life. Anything will do, just do something you like and do it every day the best you can.

Eat the most healthy diet you can possibly afford to eat.
And experiment with things. Try hot baths, heating pads, ice packs, a TENS machine if you can get one where you live, and so on. Make sure you get enough sleep every night.

And try your very best not to worry! Being anxious is bad for your body and will make things worse. If you feel scared, come here and write to us and we will help. Or even send me a private message, and I will do my best to help you with my words. I know how scary it is right now, but have courage. It will be OK; you can learn to manage it so that it doesn't ruin your life.

Thank you very much for your advice and your words. I wrote you a private message. 🥰
greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back