Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
UK
State
UK
Hi. How long do people's flare ups generally last for?

Hi Sandian,
Mine last anywhere from several hours to several days, depending on many different factors. Some of the factors that affect severity and duration are what caused it in the first place, the time of year, the stress level and type of stress in my life at the time, how cold or warm is the weather, what my mental state is at the time, how I handle the flareup and so on.

Thanks for the replies. I too find that stress and overdoing things causes flares. I find it useful to pace myself.

Indigobluejay, I know what you mean. I also am an introvert and being in a social setting with many people takes a tremendous amount of energy. I always plan my activities accordingly, and don't do such things back-to-back on the same day or even on two days in a row. It is very hard for people who are not a) introverted, or b) have fibro, to understand this.

I agree, I have to have rest days between activities, sometimes more than one. If know something stressful is coming up I also make sure I take a rest day before the event.

you are all so lucky. Moline last anywhere from 3 weeks through to 5=

I'm 2 days into this one. Not one ounce of energy. Work will not be fun this week.

Had this flare since around September. Long one this time and mostly neck, shoulders, arms and elbows. Anyone ever have the feeling like your arms are being pulled out at the shoulder, and lifting arms is painful? Feels like muscle and bone pain. First time though that a flare-up lasted this long.

GAH! I'm sorry its lasting
Had this flare since around September. Long one this time and mostly neck, shoulders, arms and elbows. Anyone ever have the feeling like your arms are being pulled out at the shoulder, and lifting arms is painful? Feels like muscle and bone pain. First time though that a flare-up lasted this long.
GAH! I'm sorry its lasting you so long. Yes it hurts to lift arms sometimes. Sometimes it even hurts to bat an eye

I am in the same situation currently. I’ve had a flare going for about 3 months now. Currently it is active 90% of the day minimum. Constant back pain, burning skin feeling along with the panic attacks from the anxiety have made it very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back