Has anyone tried LDN (low dose naltrexone)? What was your experience like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel8694

Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
There are so many websites speaking about LDN (low dose naltrexone) as a potential treatment for LDN. A clinical trial at Stanford University also had successful results and it seems promising. I would like to speak with others who have tried LDN and finding out if it helped you.

For anyone who is interested, I found the following article about it really validating, informative and interesting:

I've tried LDN and like it. It doesn't make me loopy like the other fibro drugs. It doesn't make all the pain go away, but neither does the other stuff. At least I can function with LDN.

That's really good to know. What dose are you using?

I actually found it did nothing for me, but everyone's body is different and treats medication differently.

I've tried LDN and like it. It doesn't make me loopy like the other fibro drugs. It doesn't make all the pain go away, but neither does the other stuff. At least I can function with LDN.
I understand that it takes a long time to work. I was on it but ran out. It has to come from a compounding pharmacy.

Well here's my story, i was taking embeda 100mg/4mg this is/was 100mg morphine sulfate and 4mg naltrexone and life was okay to good, it has been discontinued and have been bed ridden since, tools laying right where i left them, i was in the process of installing a new living room floor. but the thing is the embeda did nothing for my RA but is totally eliminated the burning pain in my shoulder blades to the bottom of my neck of which is debilitating, i also am taking 1 hydrocodone for the RA which is working for that. but after reading a lot of LDN comments on the web i REALLY feel it is the LDN of 4mg that has been giving me the relief. I have a doc appointment tomorrow to see if the embeda can be compounded and ask if she could give me a script for the 50mg of naltrexone because it has a helped with some people to quit smoking but if i can get my life back to where it was before the embeda is discontinued i'll quit anyway. Also i have been getting by on 1/2 doses of what embeda i have left every other day and also found that Medical Marijuana also helped a lot when taking the embeda. Not sure if it the CBD or the THC that is doing it but if i can get the script filled i will try the higher CBD vape. as for now life sucks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back