Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
MA
I eased myself onto your forum this week because I wanted some “Community.“ I’m probably not your average diagnosee— in that I was 60 before the verdict was handed down. I also live in the North East, so I know what it is to have stage 3 Lymes Disease, which is also not fun, but is curable with monstrous amounts of high powered antibiotics. I mention that, because when you deal with any disease that affects the nerves and causes fever, you’ve just landed yourself in a whole new nightmare of tricky diagnostics from including Lupus to MS to Who Knows. It left me partially paralyzed in the face, but hey, I’m lucky! Other people who’ve had stage 3 Lymes have no knees left, so I’m fairly grateful. Not only that, I still have half a smile left. ;-) As long as people still know I’m smiling, that’s all that matters.

Hay, Scrambles......I hear you! For me...the smile I put on my face is as much for me as it is for anyone else. It's not always easy, but dwelling on what is wrong is always worse, and the smile at least some of the time ends up making me feel a bit better.

Really sorry to hear you have Lyme as well...what a dreadful combination, but as you say, Lyme is curable, so there's that.

Keep hanging in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back