Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2001
Country
US
State
CA
Hi, I don't know what's going on with me because even though I have Fibro for 18 years now I never had the Fibro fog part of it. And I always thought that you don't get new symptoms as you age. although, I think that is wrong. Anyway, in the last 6 months or so I have been experiencing major memory loss. Most of the names of things or people. But things and people that I would normally use every day. And at times and its getting worse, I would have memory lapses or something where I just don't remember doing something or not. for instance, taking my meds. I honestly do not know if I have taken my meds earlier in the day or not. I will have no memory of it and then I find out that I did. Is this Fibro fog or something else. Could it possibly be fibro fog or related to Fibro? I have a lot of other disorders too. And I am sleep deprived most of the time but not sure if that will do the things that are happening to me or not. And I also have issues with a lack of oxygen when I am laying down or sleeping but I take oxygen for it. Although I am guilty of not always wearing it. But it seems to be specific. I don't seem to have a problem with my long term memory. And I seem to be ok cognitively. I am worried things are going to get worse and then at only 43 I am going to end up in the looney bin or something.:shock:

I get the fog sometimes, it seems to worsen if certain things are going on, for instance, stress or lack of sleep. There's also natural things you can do to improve memory, specifically:

• Improve sleep length and regularity
  • Try having some salmon oils every day (can get them in easy pill form)
  • Reduce stress

Has anything changed in your life in the past 6-9 months that you can think might be weighing you down?

Lastly, I find my memory does get a little poorer with age, but nothing substantial. At least I hope :)

Great tips Dooi! Will tell that to my friend who has FM

These memory issues/symptoms match mine exactly. For the past few months I have been terrified that I may be suffering from early onset Alzheimers, but knowing that I'm not alone in this is extremely comforting.
Are there any other ways that may help improve my memory problems?

These memory issues/symptoms match mine exactly. For the past few months I have been terrified that I may be suffering from early onset Alzheimers, but knowing that I'm not alone in this is extremely comforting.
Are there any other ways that may help improve my memory problems?

Some other improvements can be found by:
  • Adjust your medications
  • Exercise (increases endorphins and clarity)
  • Meditate (definitely recommended for numerous health benefits, and its free)
  • Focus on one task at a time (avoid multitasking)
  • Use memory tricks, calendars, lists, or phone apps work wonders
  • Avoid caffeine
  • Use more routines (life balance)
  • Get organized (organize your room, office, and day planner)
  • Similar to meditating, breathe deeply and relax
  • Improve your diet (eat healthier and clean, avoid sugars and chemicals and junk food, etc)

Thank you very much for your suggestions. A few of these I already do, or at least try to do, on a regular basis. I will definitely try some of the other things on the list. I realize not all things work for all people, and some may not be a good fit, but there are a few that I will definitely be trying in my daily life

If you don't mind me asking what meds are you on. I had some serious memory and fibro fog also cognitive thought problems and it turned out being side effects of some of the meds I was on. Feel free to pm me if you feel more comfortable. I got out of the fog and it might help you too. Good luck I feel for you.

I know some of the quit smoking related medications can really make you forgetful. It's not so much of a fog as a complete lack of memory. I always thought it was a little comical because I wasn't sure if I was quitting smoking or just forgetting I ever smoked :)

Hello. You are using oxygene, have you been tested for sleep apnea. I suffer from fibro, and have chronic fatigue, amoungst other problems. I was also very drousy, slow speech, brain foggy, then i had some tests done and discovered i had sleep apnea. I was having up to 145 per hour, the longest was over 30 secs. And i cant hold my breath that long... Anyway, i am now on a machine with a face mask, that i wear in bed. It pressurises my lungs but more importantly, reduces the apnea to a few per hour and have monitored the results to discover that a sleep of 5 to 6 hours is optimum for me with the machine, despite falling back to sleep after my breakfast in bed. Now im more alert, and have no daytime brain fog except if im trying to sort out paperwork and get over whelmed by too many piles being sorted out at once. No one knew or suspected sleep apnea, and that i was classed as Chronic.... Came as a shock, but im so much better with the machine it doesn't bother me at all wearing the mask and using the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back