DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
AU
State
NS
Hey Guys ,

I have a friend with FM who recommended I started taking vitamins to help with pain. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this and if there are any that have helped. In the past doctors have told me to take vitmin D , magnesium or fish oil so I have started on all three again. My dietician has also recommended stress ease and valerian for helping get to sleep. I have also been told i have a deficency with Zinc. So to sum it up im currently trying

Vitamin D
Magnesium
Fish oil
Stress ease
Valerian
Zinc

Taking vitamins probably won't do any harm. However, I have never heard of vitamins helping with the pain of Fibro, although if there's someone who feels that has helped, that's fine. I suspect, however, that if taking vitamins were all it took to counteract the effects of Fibro, this forum wouldn't even exist. We'd all just be taking vitamins and living normal lives.

Hey Guys ,

I have a friend with FM who recommended I started taking vitamins to help with pain. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this and if there are any that have helped. In the past doctors have told me to take vitmin D , magnesium or fish oil so I have started on all three again. My dietician has also recommended stress ease and valerian for helping get to sleep. I have also been told i have a deficency with Zinc. So to sum it up im currently trying

Vitamin D
Magnesium
Fish oil
Stress ease
Valerian
if you are deficient then I would think you would want to supplement or eat more foods rich in that vitamin. I would think addressing deficiencies would make you feel better which in turn would help manage the symptoms. I would suggest that you only start 1 new supplement a week.

Hey Guys ,

Vitamin D
Magnesium
Fish oil
Stress ease
Valerian
Zinc
Hi,
I too take Vitamin D, Magnesium and Fish Oil. I am a believer that they help, no cure for FM pain but they do help. I've gone without these supplements and can tell the difference when I take them. Others may not believe and that's their opinion but you try them and base your decision on how you feel! I'd rather take a handful of Vitamins and supplements and get some relief than taking a handful of prescribed meds and deal with those side effects on top of FM...
Good luck to you and please let us know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back