CrystalMaria

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
IE
Hi all,

Would anyone have any recommendations for helpful yoga routines that can help with fatigue?

Thanks in advance! :)

Whether or not it would help with fatigue is not something anyone can tell you because with this syndrome everyone is different and what works for one person won't work for everyone.

Having said that, I found in the years I was a serious yoga practitioner that the inverted poses and the twists usually made me feel more lively.

I have also found yoga to be very beneficial, and agree about twists and inverted poses as feeling good! Stretching, in general, is becoming more important to me in managing fibromyalgia. Any yoga is good, so I wouldn't worry too much much about which poses as long as you are in a very gentle class, but remember: listen to your own body and never strain or push.

I found Qi-Gong yoga recently and find that more beneficial for pain than yoga. The Qi-Gong has you tapping your muscles and I found this does help alleviate some if the pain. I do gentle yoga too.
I also found that while its difficult to work out, it does provide relief later but of course due to the fibromyalgia wave, you are up and you are down and when you are down its difficult to do anything. My fitness trainer is my will power in those times 🥴

I just started doing yoga at my daughter's suggestion. I have been doing a kind of modified yoga for years thanks to my chiropractor who gives out a sheet of stretches when you first see him. So my stretching has been my go to every night before bed, but the real yoga is more challenging and I feel much better after a session. I am only doing the easiest and gentlest program level right now on the DownDog app, about 3x a week as I get better. My daughter told me she'd tried other yoga sites and liked this one the best. So far, I can recommend it. I'm only on the trial period right now, but intend to subscribe.

You can check out YouTube for videos, here's one

I love Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. She has a wide variety of programs from very gentle to very challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back