Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2022
Country
UK
State
UK
Hi everyone I’m just wondering if any has had success with 5mg of amitryptline as apposed to 10.l for pain relief find it knocks me out terribly and I struggle to cope!! Thankyou

Hi everyone I’m just wondering if any has had success with 5mg of amitryptline as apposed to 10.l for pain relief find it knocks me out terribly and I struggle to cope!! Thankyou
Some people may reply to you to tell you of their experience with this. What I have noticed is that most people do not find any relief from pain by taking amitriptyline.

The thing is, even if several people told you they'd had success with that you would still have to try it out for yourself. It seems that no two people with fibromyalgia have the same experience and this goes especially for the use of pain medication. You will simply have to give it a try.

I do recommend that you also try other, non-medication things to help with your symptoms as well. If you have not already done so I suggest you read my post of advice on that and start doing some experimentation to find out what might work for you.

I'm sorry to report that no joy here with amitriptyline. I tried it for about a year, but it had no effect in addition to adverse side effects for me.

Same here, 4 months, 8 side effects, zombification was a workaround for slightly better, but still unrestorative sleep until I found better techniques and later supps, but nothing else, incl. nothing for pain.

Sorry it’s not helped your pain it doesn’t sound like many have had success

No relief and a ton of weight gain that melted off after I stopped.

Personally I dont recommend any kind of anti-depressant treatment for the pain even though they somewhat help! But it doesn't really heal you. It just avoid you to feel pain.

Personally I dont recommend any kind of anti-depressant treatment for the pain even though they somewhat help! But it doesn't really heal you. It just avoid you to feel pain.
Amitriptyline doesn't seem to help very many fibro people. But some kinds of pain medication do help some people, and if a person really needs to take pain medication in order to function, then they need that. Sometimes just not feeling quite as much pain is necessary in order for a person to go about daily life and take care of what is necessary.

I always recommend that people seek out alternative ways of managing fibromyalgia, and wrote a post about that, which is at the top of the General Discussion section of this forum.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything that will "heal" people with fibromyalgia......or, at least, there is nothing that works for everyone.
We are always happy to hear people's success stories, if something helps them. It is important to keep in mind that what helps you is very good to share, but it is not to be expected that it will work for everyone else.

Back