Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1994
Country
US
State
PA
So I was put on antibiotics because of a positive rapid strep test - interestingly, didn't have sore throat but some nasal issues that looked funky. It's been 9 days of dealing with nausea, my nose is still a mess, I have a lot of sinus pain and pressure, and last night eye pain turned into an earache, which I woke up with today. On top of all that, severe redness and irritation in vaginal area. NOT SURE WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN!!! SO TIRED OF FEELING SO CRAPPY ALL THE TIME. DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CAN TAKE

Oh, forgot to mention, week before got shingles vaccination and had horrible rash/reaction on my arm that lasted long enough to see dr for. Even he was flabbergasted at the color and size. Told me it would have to be reported as an adverse side effect.
Thoughts, anybody?

Oh, forgot to mention, week before got shingles vaccination and had horrible rash/reaction on my arm that lasted long enough to see dr for. Even he was flabbergasted at the color and size. Told me it would have to be reported as an adverse side effect.
Thoughts, anybody?
Wow! It makes you wonder about all these vaccines. Is it possible you are having some kind of reaction to the antibiotics as well? Yeast infections are a common side effect, and if it's not the right antibiotic or you are reacting to it, it could result in you feeling worse and getting secondary infections. I remember being prescribed antibiotics for an ear infection when I had mononucleosis one time, and I got a weird reaction to the drug (heart racing, panic feeling and sense of alarm that something was really off in the middle of the night). I went to Emergency and the doctor said that if I had mono, I'd react to anything, and took me off them. I think he prescribed ear drops instead.

Just wanted to thank you for responding. I'm doing better being off the antibiotic, but now I have a costochondritis situati
Wow! It makes you wonder about all these vaccines. Is it possible you are having some kind of reaction to the antibiotics as well? Yeast infections are a common side effect, and if it's not the right antibiotic or you are reacting to it, it could result in you feeling worse and getting secondary infections. I remember being prescribed antibiotics for an ear infection when I had mononucleosis one time, and I got a weird reaction to the drug (heart racing, panic feeling and sense of alarm that something was really off in the middle of the night). I went to Emergency and the doctor said that if I had mono, I'd react to anything, and took me off them. I think he prescribed ear drops instead.
I appreciated your response. I'm doing much better now that I'm off the antibiotics. Now I'll be wary of both antibiotics AND vaccines! Felt like I was worked over. Now it's transitioned to a costochondritis situation, which may have sprung from reaching for a box of tissues in the back seat of the car!! 🥴

Back