Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2022
Country
IN
State
HR
Hi everyone (Sorry for my bad english as my mother tongue is something else)

4 years ago i started having pain and restlessness in both of my knees ( due to ACL tear ) after that pain gradually reached all the joints ( shoulders, elbows , wrists , ankles , knees) .But now the pain has reached my bones .I saw numbers of doctors for my symptoms but they are not able to understand my pain , they say that my pain is due to my low VitD but nothing is happening even after taking supplements . I spend my whole searching for my diagnosis in internet instead of doing studies . The worst thing is that no one even understands the pain and I always have pain in some bone or joint.My knees and shin bone hurt so much that I can hardly walk. My wrist joints hurts so much that I can't even do pushups.I have searched a lot about the stories of parents of fibromyalgia but no one has any bone pain. Is my pain the pain of fibromyalgia because the test results are all normal?

Hi there @akshay330 , and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it useful to be here.
First, please don't apologize if your first language is not English......you are doing fine. :)

Second, no one here can tell you whether or not you have fibromyalgia; only getting fairly extensive testing can do that. Most of the time, fibro is diagnosed when everything else that could be causing the symptoms has been ruled out with testing for those specific things. If you have not been tested for arthritis, lupus, lyme disease, ALS, ME, MS, and so on, then that is the place to start. If you or your doctor jump to the conclusion that you have fibro without testing for all of the other things, you may be missing out on knowing what the problem is and being able to effectively treat it.

I am wondering why you think the pain is in the bone. Often, deep pain may feel as is if it so deep as to be "in the bone", but it isn't really in the bones at all. This is something else that deserves further investigation. In general, pain that is truly in the bone only happens as a result of bone bruising, a fracture or break, or health conditions that have weakened bones, or certain kinds of tumors. None of those things sound likely in your case, so I suspect that your pain isn't truly in the bones themselves, even though it feels as if it is.

If you have a lot of joint pain, then arthritis would be the first thing to explore as a possibility. The wrist pain may be carpal tunnel.

Now, I am not saying you don't have fibromyalgia, I can't know that. But I am saying you need a lot of investigation into what is going on before you or your doctor decide that is what you have. I don't know what is available where you live, though, and that may be an issue for you.

How long have you been taking Vit. D supplements? I ask because if it's only been a month or so, it has not been long enough for you to know if it will help or not. (Not saying it will help, just that these things really take time).

Can you be more specific about what doctors you have seen, what tests have been run?

And...........here is some information on things you might try to see if any of it helps you. I wrote this for people with fibromyalgia, but whether or not you actually have fibro it may help you.
Any questions, please ask. We are here to help each other.

I always have pain in some bone or joint.My knees and shin bone hurt so much that I can hardly walk. My wrist joints hurts so much that I can't even do pushups
Both bone and joint pain may be a form of "tendinitis". Tendons attach muscles to bones. If that place is near to a joint it feels like joint pain. If not, it may feel like bone pain.
These local pains are a part of my fibromyalgia that I've been successful in getting down to zero, since seeing and treating them as that, using stretches, (acu-)pressure, a massager, sometimes arnica cream. To find the appropriate treatment I've been to several manual therapists, but now find I can do it better on my own, with ideas from youtube. In your case e.g. "exercises shin pain" brings up exercises for "shin splints" - which again is a form of tendinitis, but it doesn't really matter, it's checking thru 5-8 videos to find a physio and exercise that helps you that matters...

Taking vitamin D fairly high dose for years now hasn't done anything, I just do it to keep the levels up, just in case, and get them tested regularly. Now I get a lot of sun, I don't think that'll increase vit. D, but I'm curious what the next bloods show.

While fibromyalgia primarily involves muscle and soft tissue pain, it can sometimes cause bone pain, though it's less common. However, your symptoms could also be related to other conditions.

While fibromyalgia primarily involves muscle and soft tissue pain, it can sometimes cause bone pain, though it's less common. However, your symptoms could also be related to other conditions.
I don't find anything anywhere that says that fibro actually causes bone pain. Bone pain is only caused by something going wrong with the actual bone, and although some pain may feel like bone pain because it is very deep in the muscles, the pain doesn't originate from the bone itself.

@ayassresearch , please site your source of information for saying that fibromyalgia can cause actual bone pain. If it actually does I'd be interested to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back