family how do i get my family to believe i have fms

Status
Not open for further replies.
one suggestion is to buy them a book on fibromyalgia to read - there are several on amazon one such one is "Fibromyalgia the complete guide from medical experts and patients" - this is a fairly heavy book an another is "fibromyalgia for dummies" which is much lighter reading and the Mayo Clinic has "Mayo Clinic guide to fibromyalgia"

Its important that your family and friends understand what it is and how it affects you.

Hello Cuddley, giving them a book (or suggesting it, or getting it from the library) is a good idea. Perhaps even more important is to talk to them about it honestly and be upfront with the specific ways that it affects you. Have you talked to them, and they don't listen or believe you? If you tell us more about your situation we may be able to be more helpful, because many of us here have been in the position of being not believed by the the people we count on for support, and we will offer you all the help we can.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope that this is a good space for you.

Hey cuddley 🤗 welcome to the forum ☕🥞, I've learned that you can't make people understand what they just don't? (Or don't want to) coming from a severely narcissistic callous family, I completely get the feeling of not being acknowledged in the pain I'm in and being made out there's nothing wrong, it's not hard for someone to believe your in pain but there are people out there who just won't, YOU know your pain YOU know it's true, and that's all that counts, I don't know anything about your family (or what they're like generally) but it helps to have more understanding people around so you don't close down and end up depressed 💖

Hi there - we've collected a lot of ideas on this on this thread here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back