Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2022
Country
US
State
VA
I have a question about ppls experiences , what they’ve read /learned about fibro and vaccines , specifically the COVID shots. I’ve had covid probably 3 times (first time before they were even testing but same sx and tested negative for flu )
Then I’ve had 5 Covid shots/ boosters . I just had the flu shot and felt awful after it for a week (this has never happened) and I guess I’m technically due to get the new Covid shot 3 months after I’ve had Covid . I’m really afraid to get it , and actually my pain management dr said she didn’t recommend it for me when I pushed her to be candid about what she felt.
I don’t want to get really sick from Covid either , and I can’t take Paxlovid it makes me really sicker with the GI Side effects, but getting the shot is supposed to “keep you out of the hospital “whatever that exactly means .
Just curious people’s thoughts about this .

I’ve tried to search about Covid vaccine with FM, I’ve found posts a few years old but curious about recent thoughts . It’s like which is worse to have happen , flare up from shot then still get covid anyhow, or roll the dice with how you’ll be if you get covid without getting the vaccine
I’ve just been one of those ppl who get all the vaccines recommended all my life , even asked for the first shingles shot at 50 years old when they weren’t recommending it to ppl until they were 60 but as a PT I saw how painful shingles is and I didn’t want it

I have fibro, and have had 3 covid vaccines. I plan to get another one when I get around to it. I have not had any bad reaction to any of them, just swelling and soreness in the arm of the shot and feeling a little off the next day. Personally, I think the vaccines are well worth getting, since people can still die of covid and no one is dying from vaccines.

If I still get covid, then at least I won't feel completely stupid for not getting a vaccine that might have prevented my getting it. this is of course just my personal take on it and I respect the fact that everyone needs to make their own decision.

Thanks for your input
I didn’t have any major reactions from the first 5 other than sore arm , fatigue a few days
If I didn’t get it this time and ended up in hospital I’d feel stupid also especially since I’m such a vaccine proponent

what they’ve read /learned about fibro and vaccines , specifically the COVID shots
Healthrising did several enormous polls for this, where you can estimate for yourself which vaccine type might give you what and how severe side effects and there is also a page with information how you can moderate those.

(Me: I used them before my first jab and worked out I might have 2-4 weeks of issues after the 1st jab. I actually haven't recovered from any of them yet, altho I'm doing lots of things to improve most symptoms. LD N is the first thing bringing the energy back to before the jabs.
Then I’ve had 5 Covid shots/ boosters . I just had the flu shot and felt awful after it for a week (this has never happened) and I guess I’m technically due to get the new Covid shot 3 months after I’ve had Covid . I’m really afraid to get it , and actually my pain management dr said she didn’t recommend it for me when I pushed her to be candid about what she felt.
No problems with 5 CoV-jabs and only one week from the flu shot sounds like taking it. On the other hand here in Germany many people incl. experts are recommending to only get a 4th (not 6th) shot if you don't expect too big issues. (One week we don't consider as an issue.) The Covid variants are here nowadays considered not more than a severe flu. That'd be like the recommendation of your pain doc.
Me: Despite being severely debilitated by the jabs I took 3, my allergist recommended me to take them. Now with the 4th docs are telling me not to take them. But I'm masking and distancing and my wife tries to be careful, too.
don’t want to get really sick from Covid either , and I can’t take Paxlovid it makes me really sicker with the GI Side effects, but getting the shot is supposed to “keep you out of the hospital “whatever that exactly means .
Just curious people’s thoughts about this .
Yes, these are the questions that need to be answered individually.
You are in the "brilliant" situation compared to me that you don't seem to have any form of Long Covid (from Covid or from vac) even after 5 jabs and 3x CoV. That to me sounds like you have minimal to no risk from getting the 6th jab and minimal to no risk from getting CoV. I've heard of quite a few people getting a week of problems after the 4th jab altho the first were OK, but I can't remember hearing or reading in studies how high the probability is to get it after "surviving" 8 meetings with it.
I’ve tried to search about Covid vaccine with FM, I’ve found posts a few years old but curious about recent thoughts .
Strange that you didn't come across mine, cos I mention it in half of my posts that I have jab-triggered MCAS which have greatly decreased my energy from 30% from fibro down to 10%. Maybe because I usually write "jab" and "CoV"....
It’s like which is worse to have happen , flare up from shot then still get covid anyhow, or roll the dice with how you’ll be if you get covid without getting the vaccine
Yes, it's roll the dice. In those kinds of situations I always come out with no regrets. You can't win and you can't lose. Well no: I can't win and I can't lose. You will after 8x in all probability come out winning.
Me: I will in all probability come out losing even more after another jab, but feel fairly protected against CoV: I've had my first bout this year (testing negative, cos my wife and I distanced as soon as she knew she had it) and only had a month of problems, which is peanuts compared to what the jabs did.
I’ve just been one of those ppl who get all the vaccines recommended all my life
Me: I've always had severe intolerances to meds on the one hand and my fibro was likely triggered by swine flu on the other - so my wife and I, and my docs too, knew it's a high risk for me either way.
I didn’t have any major reactions from the first 5 other than sore arm , fatigue a few days
If I didn’t get it this time and ended up in hospital I’d feel stupid also especially since I’m such a vaccine proponent
Well, I'd say you don't have to get a jab just cos you are a proponent of doing so, cos you have a special condition that might change things.
People even without intolerances, even young people get post vac which is still subsumed under "Long Covid" (I think wrongly, even tho there are overlaps). You could end up in hospital or bed/house from vac, too. Again here in Germany there was an article from one of my hospital professors in the local paper saying you will hardly end up in hospital from Covid and even if you did you won't get much problems from it. That again would favour not getting the jab.
Another question is how prepared you are to mask and distance in critical situations (like me). If you aren't, that of course increases the risk of getting CoV but not its severity, seeing as you had 3x without much problems. But still I'd favour what your doc says - if that is an individual decision for you, not a principal anti-vac one.

Thanks for all your feedback!
I feel like I actually developed symptoms of my fibro after my first bout of Covid and it exacerbated but never return to baseline after each time I’ve had it, my pain dr does refer to it as Long Covid , fatigue , pain , intolerance to exercise, but who knows I know it can be worse .
As far as prevention, my 77 y/o husband still runs his business and he’s the one who brought home Covid the last 2 times , as well as the 2 recent upper respiratory viruses we have , but he’s not a “masker “ as is very few ppl in our area ..I’ve accepted that
I’ve bought a cot to be a able to make a second bedroom to really isolate him better the next time he brings something home
Luckily he’s had few symptoms with covid , takes paxlovid and back to work in a week both times with neg covid test…
Whereas the respiratory symptoms went away for me soon , but the fatigue was unbelievable for a month , but it did improve
I’ll have him get vaccinated at least since he gets absolutely no side effects from the vaccine
Appreciate your knowledge and I’ll put in different search words !

Interesting… if you look at the listed side effects of the quakcines a common ’side effect’ is MYALGIA.

I suspect my FM was caused by this too. I wonder why the ‘drs’ don’t want to diagnose FM? The formaldehyde and aluminum sulphate in the shots has to be good for you right? What could go wrong? Stay safe 😂

I'm writing as someone with the severest side effects who knowingly continued, estimating (probably correctly) that the virus would have been worse for me without... - no joke.
a common ’side effect’ is MYALGIA.
Of course - that was official mainstream knowledge right from the start.
Like from any vaccines, there's always been pros and cons.
I wonder why the ‘drs’ don’t want to diagnose FM?
Because it's always been invisible and complicated.
And they are wanting to do so more and more. So nothing to do with the jabs.

They have been a bit scared to diagnose post vac syndrome, though, because Covid was scary and difficult to assess and it seemed better to vaccinate than to die like flies. Whilst the situation changed everyone was adjusting their opinion. But rather than a question of right or wrong, it's a question of priorities and preferences.
The formaldehyde and aluminum sulphate in the shots has to be good for you right?
"Never" did anyone say things like that (whether excipients or main substance) about any vaccines. Or hardly ever. Like with every medication it's a question how much side effects we want to tolerate to have a certain main effect. Just in this case of epidemics it's better to make decisions for the whole of society, similar to laws. We know how to do it a bit better now.
What could go wrong? Stay safe 😂
"Everyone" knew (or should have realized) we could slide down the horse both ways, the whole world as well as each individual person could have slid. And "everyone" was scared of that one way or another or both ways.

I slipped to the side of the horse both ways and have learnt to live life as a jockey player. 🏇

Ugh whatever.. time for a booster by the sounds. Enjoy..

Ugh whatever.. time for a booster by the sounds. Enjoy..
Nope, not for me anyway! For you neither, I'd think?

Have you found anything for it yet? Hope so! Tried LD N?

fibro after my first bout of Covid and it exacerbated but never return to baseline after
Ah, sounds similar to me (just jabs as well as Covid).
husband still runs his business and he’s the one who brought home Covid the last 2
Yeah, I manage a bit of work from home, only socializing outdoors, or indoors usually under 15 minutes, even then usually masked. My wife working plus socializing a lot is the entry point, 3x vaccinated with no side effects, 1 week at home during Covid and another 1-2 at work still recovering.
The inkling of it I got was cos the person who passed it on to my wife didn't think it important enough to tell her immediately she'd tested positive after driving in a car for hours together. As soon as we realized my wife had it, we separated and masked, so I didn't get it fully, never tested positive.

But she recalled the other day how incredibly she suffered from not being able to move around freely enough in our flat, whilst I didn't mind that much at all. I hope it doesn't happen again, or we find a better solution for her, not easy. I spose as I'm more flexible (more capable of suffering?) I'll have to reduce to 1 room and the garden, so she can move freely in the other 6... :rolleyes:Seems a mental thing to me. She assumes it'd be better if I'd move out to a friend's for that time, but in my experience she needs me too much for that too, and can't endure that either... Catch 22... 👐 . So for me it's important not to get caught in that web, cos it's not my problem and I won't let it get to me.

Ppl have become so lax about covid now but not telling ppl you’re around you’re positive is pretty inconsiderate. I’ve planned to do the same you’re thinking put my husband the next time he brings it home (since he’s the point of entry since the past 3times this fall he’s been sick with covid and upper respiratory viruses I’ve gotten it also ) he will be in the big living room and dining room that has doors , sleep on a new twin cot I bought and then I can sleep in the bed which is more comfortable for my neck and back since sleeping on the couch is definitely not fibro friendly. And he’ll have more room . I think I might have been able to avoid Covid but he
and I and our daughter were out of town in a hotel overnight for a dr appointment for him and he woke up the morning of the appointment with a headache and cough and I immediately had us all put on masks .if it was just him being sick that might have been avoidable but our daughter who is vaxxed got it for the first time , she avoided it the first 2 times we got it and got really sick so now there are 2 sick ppl to take care of and she couldn’t wear a mask with all the sneezing coughing etc etc high fever , plus add to the mask business I have a hearing loss and wear cochlear implants so hearing ppl with masks is really hard . I didn’t test positive until 4 days after they did, and didn’t even become symptomatic until another 4 days later , maybe if I was more careful I’d have avoided it .i will next time now that I see how it’s affected my fibro . BTW my hearing loss is from Ménière’s disease which I was diagnosed with after I got mononucleosis as an adult, so I see how viruses can affect our bodies

Back