Gabapentin use

Gabapentin and Lyrica are not the same thing.
I was thinking the same thing when I read that post, but decided it wasn't necessary to make a correction. Now I realize that I was wrong because perhaps Lyrica could help if @marymi has not tried it. Glad you had the foresight to point it out, @sunkacola

@sunkacola Ta for reaching out to me. Im bad news pain neck and back. Been there b4. Definitely FM. LYRICA so bad for short t memory and felt drunk all the time. Gp gave me a mix of oxycontine plus ? Slow release. Taking the edge off much. So in a fortnight she may change my SSR anti-dep. Have not tried cymbalta. Not very happy.

@sunkacola Ta for reaching out to me. Im bad news pain neck and back. Been there b4. Definitely FM. LYRICA so bad for short t memory and felt drunk all the time. Gp gave me a mix of oxycontine plus ? Slow release. Taking the edge off much. So in a fortnight she may change my SSR anti-dep. Have not tried cymbalta. Not very happy.
I hope something works for you. A word of caution about the oxycontin, though....it is (as you may very well know) highly addictive. Typically, it will work great for a while, and then you will need more of it because your body has gotten used to the dosage. If you take more, and then more, it doesn't take long for your body to become addicted.

It's an opiate, and addiction to this is very dangerous and damaging to your health and well being, and another dangerous thing is that a doctor may decide to cut you off from it due to your getting addicted and then you are in trouble. So, use it by all means if it helps you, but please be cautious. Don't take it every single day, and try never to increase the dosage.

@sunkacola I am very aware of the dangers. It doesn't help much either. Dr said take low dose for fortnight then we do something about a different antidepressant. I'm at wit's end with the pain for 10 days. It usually just goes on its own. I am praying every night for relief. Thank you. ❤️

As a patient with chronic muscle pain for 5 years, I wouldn't recommend Cymbalta and Lyrica.
In my opinion, Lyrica is just something like heroin which narcotize you and you wont feel the pain. It absolutely doesn't heal.
For me, Cymbalta is the medicine with most side affects among the medicines I tried in my whole life. This one just increase some hormones like dopamine and neurotransmitters which results reduction in pain but again doesn't heal you.

If your pains are in an unbearable level, gabapentin (neurontin) could be more innocent alternative.

As a patient with chronic muscle pain for 5 years, I wouldn't recommend Cymbalta and Lyrica.
In my opinion, Lyrica is just something like heroin which narcotize you and you wont feel the pain. It absolutely doesn't heal.
For me, Cymbalta is the medicine with most side affects among the medicines I tried in my whole life. This one just increase some hormones like dopamine and neurotransmitters which results reduction in pain but again doesn't heal you.

If your pains are in an unbearable level, gabapentin (neurontin) could be more innocent alternative.
Unfortunately, there is no pain medication that heals. All that any pain medication can do is mask the pain, lower it somewhat so that a person doesn't feel it as strongly. This is necessary for some people all of the time and for others some of the time, and others are able to manage their pain levels without medication.

Gabapentin, like the other pain medications, works for some people and not for others. It has terrible side effects for some people, and no effect whatever for others.

In my opinion, it's just not possible to know ahead of time what effect any certain medication will have for a given individual. In my years on this forum I have read from people who have experienced the whole range of no effect at all to horrible side effects, from extremely helpful to no effect at all and so on, for any medication that is prescribed by doctors for fibromyalgia pain. Unfortunately, the only way anyone can know how a medication will affect them is to try it.

I 100% agree. I typically don't ever advise anyone against trying any medication since as we all know well by now what helps one person may not help another, and what hurts one person may help another.

I've been on gabapentin for several years. My doctor at the time said it wasn't addictive. I'm sure everyone is different. My sister in law is also on the medication. I do wish I could get off all medication. My Dr said not to stop. I would definitely wear off of the medication. I take three 300ml each in the evening. So I would go down to two, for awhile, then one. I wouldn't do it without telling my Dr though.

Back