Phoenix boy

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2023
Country
UK
Just thought I'd say hello to everyone.
I've recently been diagnosed with secondary fibro & may have further questions to ask within the future.
It looks a nice forum & I shall spend a little time looking around first.

Hi Phoenix boy and welcome.
What do you mean by "secondary fibro"?
Hope this forum is useful to you. We are here to help. Ask any questions you like.

Hello Sunkacola & thanks for your welcome,
My primary health condition was Ankylosing Spondylitis (diagnosed at 25), I'm 55 now, recently diagnosed with secondary fibro. I see fibro as being part of my auto immune conditions, I also suffer from Sjogrens, Adult onset Asthma.
I know very little about fibro, apart from possibly suffering from it, just trying to learn, as I go along.
It's also difficult for me to understand which of my conditions are causing most pain & how to actively try to manage them. Whether it's normal or not, I tend to find exercise flares my conditions up. Seems to be against a lot of advice that I've previously received.
It's probably better that I start a new thread off within a different area of the forum.

Exercise will aggravate chronic pain only if it is the wrong kind of exercise or being overdone or done the wrong way. That's why it's so important to experiment exhaustively to find out just exactly what works for you. In the process you learn to listen to your body and only do what your body wants and can tolerate for that day or that hour. It's all about keeping your body supple and moving, and doing it in a way that works for you.

there is no conclusive evidence at this point that fibromyalgia is an auto immune disorder, so if you have fibro it is not part of your auto immune collection, but something separate. Some doctors lump it in with auto immune disorders, others insist that it is a rheumatic condition and others say it is neurological, but the fact is that nothing has been proven so it's best not to make those assumptions.

To me, it doesn't really matter which thing you have is causing the symptoms you have or pain in any given moment. You don't need to know which it is in order to manage your conditions in a way that is helpful. The important thing is not to spend time trying to figure that out, but rather experimenting to find out what combination of diet, activity, medication, mental exercise and attitude works to give you the best life you can have.

Thanks for the kind words of advice, I've had most of my adult life to try adapt to living with chronic pain. I'd have to go back to being younger than 21 to know what it felt like to live life without it.
I suffer from pain within numerous areas of my body continuously, as I'm sure a lot of others on here, do, too.
It's the fact that I feel I'm becoming more limited with my mobility more than ever, which I've found the hardest to deal with of recent. Yes I try to stay as active as possible, I'm still working although only part time now.
Even walking is aggravating my pain levels now.
Yes it's a balancing act for sure, but living with chronic pain is a challenge, as I'm sure you'll know, too.
My fibro may be causing more pain than my A.S, but I'm not really sure. As I've just recently received diagnosis (3 months ago). I may have also suffered from fibro for a lot longer than what I'd realised, too.
The only drug I've found so far to show any benefit to my was Amitriptyline, just seemed to dull the pain a little, I seemed to pick up a bit faster.

My fibro may be causing more pain than my A.S
Maybe possible to see it as identical to a certain extent, or not distinguish it, likely best to analyze and treat each symptom singly - but whatever helps best is my attitude.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the advise, yes I'm always regulating my treatment options.

Revaluating not regulating I should have said on my previous post, was unable to edit it once I'd realised my mistake.

was unable to edit it once I'd realised my mistake
We can edit longer the longer we've been on here, I think I can edit for about half a day, which is good, cos I feel I need to all the time, or I'd have to add about 5 posts to every post. :D :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, I'm learning the hard way, as usual:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back