Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Two weeks ago we had a massive, emotional family emergency and then 2 days ago my sweet Chihuahua had to visit the Emergency Vet on call. Yesterday and today I just "cannot" get away from the pain. Even with meds. Please....any suggestions? It feels like the pain us following me everywhere, if that makes sense. Xo

The thing with emotional upset and fibromyalgia is that there's really no getting away from it and the physical pain that it causes us.
I wish I could tell you to do this or that and it would get better, but the only things I have found that help when my body is wracked with pain due to an emotional trauma of some kind is to get as relaxed as possible, distract myself with a movie, and then just wait it out. It won't get better until it gets better, and for me that usually takes 24 hours for the acute phase to ease and another 24 for things to get back to the "normal" levels of pain.

My relaxation methods are: cannabis, one alcoholic drink (never more than one), and deep breathing while lying down, making a conscious effort to relax each part of my body. I make sure that I eat something very healthy and nourishing, whether I feel like eating or not. And I watch a movie. Usually an easy one I have already seen and know I like, so there can't be any unpleasant surprises.

Sorry you are going through this. Hope things with the family got resolved.
And, I really hope your little dog is OK. I have a little dog who is my heartbeat and I know how I feel if I think there's even a chance his safety and health could be threatened.
Hope you feel better soon.

@SpoonieWarrior

I can understand how you are feeling, similar here, just spread over a few months

lots of hugs, and hope things improve. Thinking very much of you and your beloved pup. 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗

Back