Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
IL
If any of you are affected by low pressure or windy days, what kind of pain does it cause?

yep. For me, it is chilly and wet. I can take cold, although it is not my favorite thing, and I can take very very hot because I live in one of the hottest places in the country, although extreme heat isn't anyone's favorite thing either. But if it is chilly, let alone cold, and raining my body turns into something like the Tin Man when he was rusted, and the pain is increased everywhere. If it gets bad enough I can hardly walk or use my hands.

Wind is another thing that affects me negatively, although it's not as bad if it is warm and dry. Wind immediately affects my sinuses, which are abnormal to begin with, and of course brings on allergies as well, and my ears and eyes have to be well protected in the wind or I am miserable. A chilly wind getting into my ears can cause almost immediate piercing pain.

I think many people with fibro are affected by weather, although all of us in somewhat different ways. I couldn't live in a chilly wet climate such as the Pacific Northwest or Atlantic Northeast areas of the USA or in, say, Scotland or I would be pretty much unable to function.

If any of you are affected by low pressure or windy days, what kind of pain does it cause?
I'm definitely affected by weather, particularly wind and damp cold; heavily overcast skies (where it looks dark in the afternoon); and unstable weather systems (a mix of weather that is constantly changing). Cold, windy days cause pain and stiffness in my neck, head and shoulders, trouble balancing against the wind, sometimes dizzy, more weakness in the legs as well as depression.

I have had flaire up's during really cold weather Doctrinaut, (the usual fibro pain but waaay worse)
😰=🤕

Last edited:
I've trained and layer lots to tolerate heat and cold. But longer than 5 minutes of wind can cause a deep yucky nauseous sick Achey pain that takes 5h to the rest of the day.

Back