DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
AU
State
SA
Hello everybody!
I am not new here but I did not wrote only reading the comments, but lately (last 4-5 months) my short term memory getting worst than was before. I mean I forget where things I put, I just go to places (like to the bathroom or kitchen etc) and my memory is totally blank, I have to start again before I know what I wanted to do.I lost thing what was in my hand 5 minutes ago, like my glasses, keys, etc. It is make me very frightened sometimes I think I am loosing my mind. Is anybody here who has a similar experience? I am a lot of different medications, depression (120 mg /day Cymbalta, Zoton, Levadopa, Rovustatinb, Ezetimbe Atcand plus, Alprax 0.5, and Bupredermal pain patch 15 mcg / hours. this last one I am on from 2017. I don't know what I think, this could be worst or this is "normal" in Fibromyalgia? I want if anyone can tell me how bad his or her memory , in short term or long term ? I am very upset and scared. I find a new doctor because my old retired, but my appointment coming next april.

Please can you give me some advice or just tell about your experience on this field. sorry I forgot to mention I have a Type 2 diabetes and on medication Gulvanet 2 capsule a day.

Last edited:
Hi Edit - doesn't sound abnormal to me, considering all your medications and reasons for them - that's something that can build up. It making us frightened is more of a problem than the memory, and praps making it a bit worse, too, a vicious circle,
so always good to keep calm, take it as it is and find solutions.

Are you really saying your next appointment is in 9 months?!
Then you could also check the side effects of your meds yourself, or ask a pharmacy, try taking the likely candidates less, try the many supps that enhance cognition, do things to improve memory, @johnsalmon recommends certain apps/sites for that.

If it happens too much you could think of workarounds like carrying a note with you to remind you what it was you wanted.
What I often do at the moment to save walking to and fro is keeping a reminder in my hand.
I keep a list of "foggies" on my blog, and that makes me realize that it doesn't happen all the time. Also it doesn't actually cause much of a problem if it does. And people without these conditions have the same problems all the time too.

Last edited:
Hi @Edit (I think someone said that's how to reply to you )

Forgetful !!!! Yep, I get that ;)

Make a cuppa, lose it, find it. Cold. Warm it in the microwave. Lose it. Ahhh!!! Check miccy after no sign of cup (have learnt to use one cup, rather than find them all over the place lol ). Cold. Warm it again :giggle: Thirsty. Ahhh, the miccy !!!! yep, warm again (only cool this time) and stay there until buzzer this time.

I have gotten the habit of leaving the door ajar, so when I lose the cup, I check the miccy first. Saves lots of searching.

The above scenario goes for pretty much anything. I try to have set places for the phone, car keys, laptop etc. to save exercise (searching) and it usually works (unless I forget to put them in their right place ).

I was afraid I was getting Alzheimer's or dementia or such, but a friend said others he knows with fibro are the same. Thank goodness it is not permanent, comes in waves of varying strengths and duration, but there are the "normal" days where mind is sharp and clear as ever.

I'm still struggling to accept it, but when I do, I am less frustrated, go with the flow, and don't get the little "fibro cloud of depression" , as I call it, as much.

Not sure if this helps at all. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's fibro or not, everything is so confusing at times, most of the time :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hugs

you are on a lot of medication's - I would have your chemist review them and check their side effects and especially their interactions - doctors do not always know the unwanted effects of the medication they prescribe - that is the chemists expertise. I would also talk to the chemist about your pain patch.

you are on a lot of medication's - I would have your chemist review them and check their side effects and especially their interactions - doctors do not always know the unwanted effects of the medication they prescribe - that is the chemists expertise. I would also talk to the chemist about your pain patch.
@Edit , yes, I'd suggest that also. Chemists understand 'chemicals', it's their job, and just sometimes doctors lose track of what interacts with what.

Not everyone can know everything.

thanks for everybody the respond will go to my chemist and ask quetions about my meds, because myself find is too much, but I have to talk to a professional person what they advised in that subject. And the advice about make notes is helpful because sometimes my memory is Ok but sometimes really need a note , it will be very useful.
Have a lovely day everybody, and thanks for your helping.

Yes! Wait what was the question now? 🤣 jk. You are in great company as it may be age appropriate or the wonderful blessings of Fybromyalgia. I have taken up to 45 minutes looking all over the house and my vehicle for my phone I am talking on. I would keep little post it notes handy so that I could write it down and just peel and stick it somewhere on my arms, wrist or clothing. Because as fog does. It comes and goes. I have a legit question. When does a short memory become a long term memory? Hope this helps in some small way.

Oh, I don't even know @Allglory2God, (Thankyou to fibro) we're all a bit quirky when it comes to memory , I lost a gas card once, (found it when I was fancying ice cream in the freezer 😆)

will go to my chemist and ask quetions about my meds, because myself find is too much, but I have to talk to a professional person
Hi @Edit How did you go with the chemist?

I have taken up to 45 minutes looking all over the house and my vehicle for my phone I am talking on.
hahaha I like that @Allglory2God :giggle: I lost my wallet, (found later) and I was talking with my daughter "oh no, lost my phone" as I'm frantically checking pockets and daughter is saying "mum MUM MUM !!!!" duh. talking on it :D I was quite paranoid about the phone for the rest of the day, actually.

When does a short memory become a long term memory?
I have heard that the days memories are "uploaded" overnight during deep sleep. I have no idea how that is supposed to help with the two second memory though 😁

Hi @Auriel

I totally relate.

For example, I lost my slippers a few moths ago & haven't found them since.
For all I know I might have binned them, posted them, given the away or put them in the Charity Bag but whatever I did with them I have searched my tiny apartment with a fine tooth comb (then lost that of course lol) but still not found them & I feel homeless without them.
I eventually bought a replica pair but they don't feel the same.

This sort of thing happens all the time, to the point I suspect there's a Black Hole in close proximity or I'm living with 'The Borrowers',
or some force of mischief is deliberately playing tricks on me.

The sad part is, I saw my mother & her mother before her, go the same way & the rest of the family were much amused when she'd find her purse in the oven etc but that amusement rapidly turned into despair when eventually they both needed to be hospitalised & then died, so understandably this situation has been my Bete Noir all my life.

I've been seen by an Alzheimers professional, been interviewed/tested by 'The Memory Service' & been urgently referred for a Brain Scan but that was a year ago & still no appointment letter arrived and now I'm feeling I've waited in torment so long that I may not even bother having it done if/when it ever does arrive, because sometimes knowing & seeing the Diagnosis confirmed in black & white can actually exacerbate the condition, cause even more distress, as well as depression & speed-up the decline.

However, your comments about how bad it is for many of the rest of you has given me some comfort & hope, so thank you all for that.x

However, your comments about how bad it is for many of the rest of you has given me some comfort & hope, so thank you all for that.x
Hi @Rainbow I'm glad it's helping you. I see you've been here a while, I am a newbie :)

Look under "Do I have fibromyalgia" and find the thread "Seeking feedback. Fibro, Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue or all or none?"

That's how I tried to find my grounding. Maybe read some of that, maybe start a thread of your own like that, with your issues, and the feedback will come in.

I've 'grown' so much since finding these forums. It's been like magic.

she'd find her purse in the oven etc
I don't think I've done that (yet) but I know mum did a good one once. I think she must have been over tired. She went to put something in the fridge, and as she opened the firebox of the stove.....oops!!! She found a log in the fridge!! Us kids didn't let her forget that :giggle: I was still at school at the time. I think it was a once off , don't know.

We all do odd things now and again. I've often worried that I have dementia or Alzheimer's, but no. Now I am finding it's fibros little gremlins . Dragonised by those gremlins :giggle:🐉

(someone had a typo a while back, and I love it! Dragonised ! (diagnosed).

Aw, @Rainbow it made me sad reading about your family, memory concern (and your lost slippers,) i can relate to things going missing, (my late nan used to call them midges and gremlins 😊) maybe in time your "new" slippers will feel like home too! (it's probably a psychological/nostalgia/security type of thing attached to them 😔) and @BlueBells, also love John salmon's drogonised/diagnosed typo (I think im gonna borrow it to use in the future) there we are im sending wishes to be well for everyone ✨🧚🏼‍♀️🪄✨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back