Hello All

Stickgal316

My name is Vicky. I have recently had a diagnosis of fibro. from my pain mgmt doc. I had previously been sort of diagnosed by a former rheumy many years ago. However, I refused to believe that the severe symptoms I experienced were "just fibromyalgia". I did not try to educate myself, but assumed what I always heard about it was true. You know, all in the head, drug seeker etc. Not being judgmental here, just admitting my ignorance. I was diagnosed with RA in my 20's and just recently found out that it's likely nonradiographic axial spondyloarthritis. I tried telling my doctors for years I did not have the usual symptoms for RA. I also have Sjogren's. Anyway, I have recently done some research on Fibromyalgia and boy what an eye opener. I have the typical history and def have many of the symptoms. The doc started me on a low dose of Lyrica and amitryptiline. Starting to have a bit of improvement. Great to be here. Hope to learn a lot.

Greetings, @Stickgal316 , and welcome.
Here is a good place to start if you are interested in finding out what is most helpful to you in managing fibromyalgia:

We are here to help each other, so feel free to ask questions, tell us how you are doing, or even just utilize the section devoted to venting and complaining. :) I hope the forum is helpful to you.

Back