Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
Mississippi
Hey everyone!

New to the group. Recently diagnosed. Prescribed Lyrica 75mg 2x a day. Still in horrible pain. After work, I typically lay on a heating pad for the area that's the worst, which here lately has been in my upper back and into my neck or lower back. Now I'm waking up in tears with pain all over. Considering buying an electric blanket so I don't have to decide! Unfortunately I currently live in a very high stress environment! Working to get out of the situation. Thinking about getting a part time job, but I don't know if my body can take it. Also prescribed Celexa and Tranzene, which was prescribed before the diagnosis. Just not sure what else to do. Also, is there any connection with Fibromyalgia being genetically linked ? Oh! And I'm also diabetic, which apparently makes everything worse! Sorry for the rambling! Just at a loss! Next dr appt is 2/12/15.

JenJenH81,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I suggest you read through the Chronic pain section, as well as, the Alternative methods. I have found to improve sleeping, make your self a soft nest to sleep on. Now I suggest a lot on the forum to look into getting a thick cotton fiber pad, or a feather-filled, or foam pad to lay under your sheets on top of your regular mattress. This is not a regular mattress pad, but is a 3-4 inch thick extra pad that can cushion your body and make it feel like your sleeping on a cloud.
If your income is low you could start by trying a thick doubled-over, or more, comforter and add a very soft blanket on top.

I like the cotton fiber ones because they don't make you sweat, like some foam pads do. I got my mom a four inch thick egg crate foam pad for her bed and she loves it. No more aching hips.

Also be sure to ask more questions and feel free to post answers to other members questions. I hope this helps you deal with your sleep issue. Glad you found us. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back