Horrible pain from hips to ribs

WorryWart

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Hi all. I am sitting here stressing out from my pain. And I'm sure my high stress doesn't help my Fibro. So of course my fibro gives me pain all over. I have a lot of pain in my neck, traps, shoulders and upper arms. BUT a GREAT majority of my pain in is my hips.......very tender to the touch on my hip sides. This majority of pain also extends to my ribs.......(no chest pain) this pain is all around my ribs.....front, sides and back. And oh my gosh, that whole rib area is so tender to the touch. Like if I ran my hand down my whole side from my underneath my arm pit to my hips, it is all just so sore (but as I said also have pain in the front and the back rib area) Anyone else there have this "circle" area of pain? Seems strange, but since I was diagnosed with Fibro, nothing pain wise should surprise me now. Thanks ahead of time for any of your replies.

Yes! especially on the left side. Feel like I got beat up. Hurts more with large breaths also. From neck to shoulders and arms down both sides of my spine and lower back and hips.

Yes! especially on the left side. Feel like I got beat up. Hurts more with large breaths also. From neck to shoulders and arms down both sides of my spine and lower back and hips.
I feel for you. It's just the worst. You know I have pain on both sides as I said, but I see you mentioned your left side. My left side is also worse. Thank you for your reply. I hope you get relief of some kind.

Yes, Worry Wort! I have what you describe, and more. It's pretty unbearable always feeling like you've been punched all over for no reason.
I'm struggling too.

Yes, Worry Wort! I have what you describe, and more. It's pretty unbearable always feeling like you've been punched all over for no reason.
I'm struggling too.
You described it perfectly.......like you have been punched. That's exactly what it feels like. So sorry you are struggling too.

I will also get sudden pain on both sides of my spine....like a spasm that comes and goes.

hi everyone!
I have a very bad pain in my right shoulder and upper arm since 3 days. I tried to use painkiller cream (my morphine patch is on my arm all the time) plus some panadol plus codeine but nothing works. our weather is just changed from summer to wintery cold (Australia) from one day to next, maybe that is give this bad pain to? I just hanging and wait hopefully get better. I am exited because on 24/04 I have my appointment with the new rheumatologist , I waited for one year the appointment. my old professor get retired and I had nobody who take new patients. I hope he will be good and help with my constant pain. I think have to get higher dosage with my morphine patch, because I use this strength the last 3 years now. I wish everybody get better . the pain with fibro the stress is big factor, try to relax, and hopefully you will better.

hi everyone!
I have a very bad pain in my right shoulder and upper arm since 3 days. I tried to use painkiller cream (my morphine patch is on my arm all the time) plus some panadol plus codeine but nothing works. our weather is just changed from summer to wintery cold (Australia) from one day to next, maybe that is give this bad pain to? I just hanging and wait hopefully get better. I am exited because on 24/04 I have my appointment with the new rheumatologist , I waited for one year the appointment. my old professor get retired and I had nobody who take new patients. I hope he will be good and help with my constant pain. I think have to get higher dosage with my morphine patch, because I use this strength the last 3 years now. I wish everybody get better . the pain with fibro the stress is big factor, try to relax, and hopefully you will better.
For sure I think cold weather makes Fibro worse. At least for me it does. And like you said, stress makes it worse too! Whenever I am stressed I think my Fibro gets worse. It's a terrible cycle. Relaxtation helps a lot I think! Hope you feel better.

Hello ... and yes, it's an awful pain!! This is the oblique muscle, and I've had that spasm frequently. Check out exercises and treatments online; what works very well for me is using a heating pad for about 20 minutes a time ... a few times a day. Also massage the area with your hand: it may seem odd to rub a sore area, but I found it really helps. Good luck ... and remember: fibro is the enemy ... and we have to fight back :) Good luck !

Back