Sharp, breath taking, chest pain.. anyone else?

Hello! My daughter (who also has fibromyalgia) and I both have this And you described it perfectly! My mother had this chest pain thing also. I never correlated it before with the fibromyalgia since I had it most of my life but do wonder now that I read your post if it is somehow related.

It's so weird how common this chostcon wosit is among fibro sufferers 🤷🏼‍♀️

I sometimes get this too, but I know that it is a muscle pain in my chest and not anything deeper than that such as my heart. So, nothing to worry about.
It's not any different from having muscle pain anywhere else in the body except that due to its location it makes it hard to take a deep breath while it is happening. Like everything else, it takes its place in the rotation of locations in which I feel pain .....sometimes here, sometimes there, sometimes everywhere.

Hi Jay!
Thanks so much for the reply! I will certainly have a look at this, watch some videos and put it in to practice when the pains start to flare up. Have you found, alongside the movements, any particular painkillers have helped to keep it at bay or have you managed it with the exercises alone?
Hi, I am sorry to hear you’re suffering. I also get chest pains and very breathless from walking just a short distance (from the bathroom to the bedroom, I feel like my heart is going to jump out my chest. I just wanted to give you a little hope regarding the amitriptyline. I’ve been on it for nearly 2 years now. Started in November 2021 when my mum died suddenly and I had Covid. It’s an antidepressant and a painkiller. It didn’t take long to kick in. For me the only time I have no pain is when I’ve taken my amitriptyline at night. It gives me an hour of pain that is bearable, then I get about 4/5 hours sleep before waking from the all over body pain. I’m also prescribed diazepam for anxiety, which I’ve been on for years. It’s a muscle relaxant too, so that also helps. I really hope the amitriptyline has the same affect as it has on me. Wishing you the best of luck that it works for you. Take care.

Back