Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
It seems that all signs point to polyneuropathy. I asked the doctor Monday when I was in the emergency room and he said that is what it sounds like. I’ve been in denial, repeatedly telling myself that maybe it’s fibromyalgia and only fibromyalgia, but I think it’s really all over. Ever since a few incredibly brutal days at an awful new job, symptoms I’d had for so many years pushed way forward. When I woke up feeling like my fingers, especially the left index fingertip, my hands, arms, feet, and legs were filled with electricity, deep down I knew my life would never be the same. I will be completely crippled. I wish I was never born.

I will be completely crippled. I wish I was never born.
My mother always said "don't borrow trouble", and what she meant was basically, don't assume the worst until you are absolutely sure the worst is the only thing in front of you.
And if that is for sure, then deal with that.

Even though this looks very grim for you, it doesn't mean it's the end. I know....easy for me to say, right?? Sorry. But still, there could be a way for you to have a life that doesn't include being completely crippled. Or that does include being disabled, but is still a life worth living. Hang onto that possibility, for the sake of your own self. I am not saying hope. I am saying, don't give up yet.

It "sounds" like it, you say, and the doctor says it "sounds" like it. That is not the same as saying that's what it is for sure. So there's no point in giving up and thinking your life is over when you don't even know for sure yet what is going on. No matter what the outcome is, negatively approaching it can only do harm to you.

Also..........
Even people who are completely disabled have lives to live, can make them into good lives, and I have known some people like that. I have known those who made a life for themselves despite challenges that I don't know that I could bear, myself. But the thing is we never know what we can do until faced with it. Ultimately you have 2 choices, always. Either live or die and if you don't choose to die on purpose then there's always going to be a way to live, and choices to make about how you do that.

Whether or not you have fibro, we are here for you, to support and encourage, if you choose to keep living in spite of everything you have to face. That's what we are all doing here, and you are welcome among us.

IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER TO EXPLAIN ALL I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. JUST KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE. TALKING ABOUT IT IS A GREAT POSITIVE STEP FORWARD. IF YOU CAN AFFORD A THERPIST DO SO. IT REALLY HELPED ME TO UNDERSTAND THE PAST AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE FURTURE. EXCUSE MY SPELLING

IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER TO EXPLAIN ALL I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. JUST KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE. TALKING ABOUT IT IS A GREAT POSITIVE STEP FORWARD. IF YOU CAN AFFORD A THERPIST DO SO. IT REALLY HELPED ME TO UNDERSTAND THE PAST AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE FURTURE. EXCUSE MY SPELLING
Sorry you’ve been through so much as well. I soon have my second session with my new therapist, who is really great. Glad therapy has helped you. Thanks.

Yes absolutely @Grumpy me, I was thinking all kinds (including bone cancer!) And just the general frustration of having something, wondering what tests you're gonna need (will I have to go private, how much is it gonna cost) it doesn't make it go away (obviously) but I did feel better knowing what it was, also not seen your name before so I'm gonna say hello + welcome you to the forum ☕🥞

Last edited:
Yes, I know what it's like it's a run in "too" reguar joke with 1 of my neighbours (when he see me, oh hello! I thought you were dead!) 🙄

Back