Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Does anyone else suffer with the lower part of there legs hurting.some night they ache so bad .
It's like I can feel the blood flowing around my legs and man do they hurt.

Oh yes. In fact, every night when I go to bed my left leg starts hurting so badly that sometimes it keeps me awake for a long time. Other times, it's both legs, upper and lower parts of my legs. I have no idea why this happens every night and have tried various things to lessen it but nothing has worked so far.

I'm going to try a hot water bottle,pain killers seem to do sod all sadly.And I refuse to go back up on tramadol now I only take 2 in the mornings

Reactions: Nan
I have used a heating pad sometimes. It doesn't ease the pain, but somehow is comforting all the same. Another thing to try is CBD cream, or some other herbal salve rubbed into the legs. You never know what might help.

And GOOD FOR YOU for cutting down on the Tramadol, and refusing to go back up. That is very wise of you.

And docs haven't a clue? Like diabetes, nerves, menopause, blood vessels?
I wouldn't "blame it on the fibro".... blood vessels could be peripheral vascular disease....
Have you tried knee or compression stockings?
Showed & asked a manual therapist?
(Lower legs means calves rather than shins, I guess?)

Last edited:
Back and front tbh.i do wanna talk to a Dr but its really hard getting an appointment. Right now it's more in the front and sides then the back.u call the Dr here and your 21 in the q .

Hi I identify with your leg problems. Mine are usually bad at night. They move about and I have to move my legs. Can’t keep them still or pain feels worse. They jump about and maybe my feet feel as though the insides are burning and sometimes feel as tho there are worms inside wriggling about. Does anyone have the same and what is happening? It dries me mad and I can’t sleep 💤. I get so depressed too. Thanks for reading and hopefully sending a reply. Nan

I’m not sure Iv really being put through it lately and feeling desperate and depressed. Nan

It is common for other conditions to coexist with fibromyalgia. I have found it is best to talk to my medical team for my symptoms to make sure nothing else is going on. Sometimes they gloss over and I feel like it's ignored, other times I get lucky and we discuss them and make sure they really are attributed to my fibromyalgia. I say this in wanting to share that I know Restless Leg Syndrome can at times coexist with fibromyalgia.

For me, my leg, heal, ankle pain has been attributed to fibro pain. I find when I have pain attacks (as I call them) often times my skin becomes extremely cold at the site of the pain. I do find that hot rice bags (heating packs) and other sources of heat help alleviate a little of the pain. When in a pinch, and if my hands are warmish, I can heat the area with pressure and heat from my hands. When really in a pinch, and he is avaliable, my husband helps to warm my pain areas with the heat and pressure from his hands. Another go to for me when I have intense leg pain, is to position pillows so painful areas that sound the "nerve alarms" are not touching anything. Removing tactical hypersensitivity is a big relief for me. I find this brief slight quiet of the pain can help me utilize other tools in my toolbox like guided meditation.

That creepy-crawly sensation in the legs is something I experience as well. Feels like ants crawling or tiny electrical shocks running up and down my legs. This is separate from the extreme leg pain, and can happen in the day time as well as at night. I have found that a TENS machine can disrupt this crawly sensation, and sometimes will eliminate it completely, but the TENS doesn't help with the actual leg pain. I always recommend that a person try a TENS machine because you never know what it might do for you. For some it ends pain.

@Nan , do not despair. I found that the only really useful antidote to despair is knowledge. The best thing you can do for that is to continue to try different things, approaching it with the attitude of a scientist doing experimentation. This gives you something to focus on and may result in your finding something that helps.

When it comes to depression, sometimes it is necessary to see a therapist and get suggestions for how to manage that, and in some cases medication is a good idea, even if it is just temporary. Medication, if you get the right one, can take you enough out of the darkness that you can lift your head up and start to take some action.

Another thing that helps is to do something constructive. It can be literally anything. Dust the house, organize a drawer, do 10 minutes (or five, or one) of yard work or exercise, draw something, anything will do. Then, praise yourself to the skies for having accomplished that. I mean, really tell yourself what a good job you did, as if you were praising a child for cleaning her room. Accomplishing one thing and giving yourself a lot of credit for it really can help.

• Love
Does anyone else suffer with the lower part of there legs hurting.some night they ache so bad .
I have to take a really hot bath and soak and then take a muscle relaxer 30 minutes before I go to bed.
I also have problems falling asleep because my mind won’t shut down but usually it’s because my legs ache so much.

Thanks for your post and very interesting thanks. Especially keeping anything touching. ❤️‍🩹

I get this too pretty much every night in bed. It's painful, uncomfortable and makes me restless. The only thing at this point that I have done and continue to do is some really good leg stretches in my bed until the pain abates somewhat and I am able to get comfortable enough to fall asleep.

I experience tightness, twisting, some pain and weakness in the area of the leg below the knee. It was difficult for me to distinguish what was related to the flu or fibromyalgia. I couldn't even walk to the kitchen, much less the hallway to the laundry room. I made an appointment with an independent physiotherapist, who told me that I have weakness in both legs, but the muscles in the back of the right leg are weaker. At night, I'm prone to cramping in the feet and toes, to the point where they turn in. She gave me some strengthening exercises to do and they helped, and the flu-associated weakness abated, although I can tell that my muscles are weakened; whether from a fibromyalgia trigger from the flu or just overall aging or a bit of both.

Back