New here! Confused 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @JayCS
is that the right way to alert you to this reply?

Hands and head a bit blah at the moment. Reading overwhelms, but i think you were the one commenting on my term "then it just drops me".

If I push through, because I know I can, just I ignore the warnings, when I get there...point of crash...cup will slip from my hand as no grip, I feel like I'm walking in knee-deep mud, or like trying to walk waist deep in the sea against the ebb and flow of the waves, I'll stand at the door blankly, trying to figure whether I was going to the kitchen or bedroom, then realise it's the toilet I was heading to, or get there and find it was the kitchen after all.

and I lose time doing all that, time just drifts. also, there are times, like you, I stand, and need to wait for the pain to let me move. I've tried pushing that one, end up on the floor, so I know that is one i don't push :giggle: (still try at times lol, and such an half fairy-step stumble )

i'd better off, not bothering with upper case, conserve fingers/hands, or takes 2 hands to type, one finger on the key, the other hand to push it down.

no idea how much is fibro or something else. at the moment, i don't actually care. fibro works. it's a name. it's not 'all in my head" (although it is lol )

cheers

Yep, yep, yep, yes and yes. And yes. Just I've managed to unlearn to push things, mostly.
I lose time doing all that, time just drifts. also, there are times
Nice one. Living slow makes time fly. No longer needing / able to notice how, makes that feel like drifting. Unpushing minimizes the sense of "losing" time, cos there is hardly any pressure, cos pressure (like the pressure of feeling I'm losing time) would flare me. In the new mindset, time lost is time gained, for slowness & pleasure - incl. relishing the slowness. Losing impatience. "Taking" the time I need. Body over mind. Mind adapting to the body. Mind stepping aside and putting the body over itself. From speed demon to life as leisure.

@JayCS

wow, we sound quite alike. i watched a movie, then went to the 'kids listen channel' which has quiet music from 12 midday to 2:30pm. i dozed with the cats, a proper cat nap. they are still napping, i had the phone wake me .

a friend asked me out for afternoon tea....took half an hour to get my head on track to set time..head vacant right now :giggle:

i am working very hard to let go of the stress, and just let fibro run it's course, so what if dishes sit for a couple of days. cats and i are fed and watered, cat trays done, house warm, and i'm just lazing, making sure i don't hassle myself for lack of 'doing'.

so long as i can get my cuppa (tea addict lol ).

Hi everyone. My name is Dee and I'm from Ireland. Im new here. I would love your advice. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia back in 2018 after having my first child. Every morning when I would wake up I was so stiff and sore that i could barely get out of bed. I went to the doctor who took bloods and my rheumatoid factor was up. I was referred to a rheumatologist but after a five min examination of my tender points diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. It didn't make much sense to me as I wasn't in chronic pain. My dad has suffered with fibromyalgia for years and suffers terribly with pain throughout his body..I accepted the diagnosis and got on with my life. I would get some pain in joints every now and then but nothing that I could describe as widespread or chronic. For many years I have had on and off symptoms of numbness in my right leg but ignored it. Over the last year I noticed more symptoms with tingling in hands and feet, numbness, brain fog, dizziness and muscle fatigue and mild spasm. I also have restless leg syndrome. Also a band of tightness around waist that could take my breath away. I was referred to a neurologist and had nerve studies, loads of bloods, MRI of spine and brain and it all came back clear. He said it was all related to fibromyalgia and called it fibro neuropathy (sorry probs not spelt right). I'm just so confused as I still don't have much pain. I do get muscle/joint pain every now and then but nothing compared to other symptoms and it just doesn't make sense to me based on what I read and how my dad is. Does anyone have the same symptoms without the chronic pain?? Thank you so much!!
You might be experiencing a type of small fiber neuropathy that doesn't involve significant pain but can manifest as localized sensations in a very small area, similar to the feeling of a pinprick.

i am working very hard to let go of the stress, and just let fibro run it's course, so what if dishes sit for a couple of days. cats and i are fed and watered, cat trays done, house warm, and i'm just lazing, making sure i don't hassle myself for lack of 'doing'.
Right on the nose. If the living things are properly cared for, and I m doing my best, then I give myself credit for that and let the rest go.

Everything gets done eventually and it doesn't have to be perfect all the time. It's more important that I not put guilt on myself than if the dishes get done tonight instead of tomorrow or even the next day. Being nice to myself is vital. This includes living in a clean place so the mess doesn't get me down, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give myself a hard time if it doesn't meet my preferred standard all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back