New here

mikey8

Howdy everyone,

For almost a year I didn’t feel like my healthy 25 year old self and my symptoms progressed over time. I hoped that this was not fibromyalgia even though everything pointed in that direction. In July of 2023 I was diagnosed. I experienced a variety of emotions. I had a sense of peace in knowing that what I was feeling is completely real and it’s not just in my head. My goal was to try a natural approach without being on any medications. For several months my headspace became more positive, but my body felt worse. I’ve accepted that l need additional help outside of what I was already doing. I started Cymbalta today and I am hoping with the combination of everything together I am able to find a new normal and feel like “me” again. I’m giving myself grace every step of the way.

I’m so happy to have found this forum knowing it’s a safe place and I’m not the only one who feels like this. My only regret is that I wish I found it sooner. ❤️

I’m so happy to have found this forum knowing it’s a safe place and I’m not the only one who feels like this. My only regret is that I wish I found it sooner.
Welcome @mikey8

This group has been a wonderful support and full of so much knowledge and knowledgeable people!

I HIGHLY recommend reading @sunkacola post. It is a fantastic starting place with being newly diagnosed

Thread 'My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)' My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)

I know links are not allowed. I just wasn't sure how to insert it like I've seen in the past. Hopefully it will be OK because it's an internal link to our group.

Welcome @mikey8

This group has been a wonderful support and full of so much knowledge and knowledgeable people!

I HIGHLY recommend reading @sunkacola post. It is a fantastic starting place with being newly diagnosed

Thread 'My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)' My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)

I know links are not allowed. I just wasn't sure how to insert it like I've seen in the past. Hopefully it will be OK because it's an internal link to our group.
It is outside links that are not permitted.
Linking to anything that is within the forum is always fine, and people often post the link to that post of mine to newcomers, which I always appreciate!

My only regret is that I wish I found it sooner.
Welcome mikey! Yeah, sometimes looking back to my beginnings in 2019/20 I also wish I'd've looked and found it even before the diagnosis...
But even more important is making full use once found.... 👐

Back