“No such thing as Fibromyalgia “

PLEASE REMEMBER SUPPLEMENTS MIGHT HELP, YOU NEED TO TAKE THEM FOR AWHILE TO GET THE FULL EFFECT. READ ALL LABLES AND TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING THEM

I AM GLAD YOU FOUND THE TyH SITE. AND LOOKED AROUND. STARTED BUYING IN THE 90'S. DOCTORS DIDN'T RUN THE TEST YOU ARE SPEAKING ABOUT , YOU WERE LUCKY IF SOMEONE EVER HEARD OF IT MUCH LESS BELIEVED 🙄 SAD TO HEAR THAT IS STILL A PROBLEM. THERE WERE REVIEWS THERE FOR READING.

I DO NOT TAKE ALL THEIR SUPPLEMENTS BUT WHAT HELPS ME THE MOST ARE:

Fibro-Care Cal™ (Albion Magnesium & Calcium Formula) Tablets​

Curcumin ES™ Veg Capsules​

Lutein ES™ 10 mg Softgels​

Multi-Gold™ (Multi-Vitamin-Mineral Complex) Veg Capsule​

AGAIN THESE WORK FOR ME. I DID TAKE GINGER FOR INFLAMATION BUT THE CURCUMIN WORKS BETTER FOR ME. I LIKE TO TALK WITH AN REPPRESENTIVE. THEY KNOW THERE PRODUCTS AND CAN HELP YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT DOSE TO TAKE

I'm going go back keto again (after Christmas) seemed to help (also intermitted fasting seemed to make a difference) I've already got curcumin from Holland and barret, is there something added to them @PANOWLCHAP to make them vegetable capsules,? I could do with a new vitamin and mineral complex. Also, do you have to test which combinations, work? It seems more complex now 🙃

is there something added to them @PANOWLCHAP to make them vegetable capsules
"Veg" capsules means vegan/vegetarian, meaning they're out of HPMC = cellulose, rather than soft gel which is usually with cow gelatine and has additive.
intermitted fasting seemed to make a difference
I delayed my 1st meal for a few hours, which seemed OK at first, but after a while I started losing weight once again, so I've gone back to my 3 meals with kinda "intermittent fasting" ;-) between each meal, as I need to to get my lipids down...
a new vitamin and mineral complex
It seems more complex now 🙃
Hehe, oh it is, it is! :ROFLMAO:

I delayed my 1st meal for a few hours, which seemed OK at first, but after a while I started losing weight once again, so I've gone back to my 3 meals
Sensibly Jay, sensible (cos we don't know what's going on with you at the minute with the strange weight loss and appetite loss you were getting) so absolutely (keep your strength up)👍🏻

I'm going give apple cider vinegar capsules a try instead of the liquid, the smell was turning my stomach, hopefully it's worthwhile

I found acv quite good when I tried it before, (though I don't blame you for not wanting to drink it badger 😄)

Oh goodness do all of you make me want to research more. That's dangerous for me because I rabbit hole! Lol. That said, there is an interesting study from 2017 many of you may find interesting. It is called The importance of Magnesium in Clinical Healthcare. Of course its Pub Med as an official clinical study so I believe allowed to be referenced here. I am not including a link just in case that is wrong. Feel free to search it yourself.

JayCS, I also think magnesium L threonate can help fibromyalgia simply because of its focus on the brain and depression which can impact people with fibromyalgia. It has helped me personally with memory and focus at work.

I personally think magnesium is hard to supplement because of the differrent forms which affect differrent things.
The fact that doctors do not test the differrent forms makes that harder still. We can be deficient in one form but not another.

Add in that deficiency in other vitamins can cause absorption problems with certain vitamins, and you have what I believe may be one of the reasons something can work for one person and not another. It may also be why something works for us sometimes and doesn't at other times.
Sorry for the long sentences, I couldn't think of how to reword some things.

I believe there are many very smart people here and am so glad I found this forum.

I take magnesium @tldolphin7777 but its the white large hard form (from the health store) I only really take them when my headaches/fibro is too bad and I've already taken enough co-codamal for my headaches (and boy do I get a lot!) Is there another kind I should be asking for? (We've had a few posts about magnesium scattenod around now and again) diet change helps me best (doesn't dissapear, but helps) 🌊🐬🌊

Last edited:
It is called The importance of Magnesium in Clinical Healthcare. Of course its Pub Med as an official clinical study so I believe allowed to be referenced here. I am not including a link just in case that is wrong. Feel free to search it yourself.
Yes, please feel free to reference studies or other things here, including product names if something is helping you, as long as you do not provide a direct link. Thank you.

@tldolphin7777 i found something interesting (and the timing was perfect!) i was just watching a live talk from a lady names tara swart bieber, she mentioned that she sometimes uses magnesium flakes in the bath (to soak through the skin) she said during stressful times we lose magnesium (I'm subscribed by email to something called Gaia and they have talks from various public speakers) the timing was uncanny! I've never heard of magnesium flakes before (I'm gonna look into them) hope you're having a good day ✨🧚🏼‍♀️✨

Last edited:
@Auriel Random question time. Just wondering, Gaia, is used a name for a few organisations, so may be totally unconnected.

This isn't in Wales, is it with a wise woman so to speak? It's just a possible weird coincidence that I was in touch with someone Gaia in effect, who was London based then moved to Wales, her husband taught philosophy when I was a mature student.
May be nothing but some times there are very odd coincidences in life.

I am going look into magnesium flakes to see if I may benefit as well. So good everyone willing to share ideas and advice to others

JayCS, I also think magnesium L threonate can help fibromyalgia simply because of its focus on the brain and depression which can impact people with fibromyalgia. It has helped me personally with memory and focus at work.
I'm back from threonate to malate ("for fibro pain"), but I can't sense any difference taking Mg or not...
I personally think magnesium is hard to supplement because of the differrent forms which affect differrent things.
The fact that doctors do not test the differrent forms makes that harder still. We can be deficient in one form but not another.
Yeah, there are 20+ forms, like threonate was developed by the M.I.T. All differently bioavailable.
But it's not possible to test for magnesium at all, let alone for a type of magnesium.
"Deficient" isn't quite the right word, better "needy", we can only be deficient in magnesium generally.
We decide which type we "need" by comparing our symptoms with what they do.
I did a long post on them a few years back: click here.
Add in that deficiency in other vitamins ... absorption problems ... something can work for one person ... something works
It's a bit about combinations, but praps more about absorption problems, so I get the forms absorbed best, unless that doesn't work for me. Some people believe in "leaky gut", doesn't help me.
I regularly got vitamins etc. levels checked, but getting them up/down into range didn't work either.
Like with magnesium we need to research what might help our specific symptoms best and trial them.
I'm down from 45 to 30 single supps now, always tracking what happens when I stop or start something.

@SBee , no hun irs an online thing they have different motivational speakers a kind of mind body soul kinda thing ✨🌹✨

Back