Wahoooooo celebration of wins today!

SweetWithSour

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Diagnosis
01/2001
Hi y'all, I hope you are doing well!

Today, I am celebrating big wins. Today I was able to get on my row machine (I call it getting on the water) and do a 5 minute cool down row with the theme of gratitude. I am so grateful for today's row. For me, there is something meditative following the pro on the screen matching strokes. This is the first time I've been "on the water" after several months in bed. Wow I was feeling amazing and energized just coming out of this very very very long flare up. I wanted to keep rowing to push myself and zone out.

The other huge thing I'm celebrating today is stopping after my 5 minute row. My normal style is to push myself when feeling better, extending myself too far. This push then causes a crash and me back into a flare. I'm celebrating the big win of getting off the water.

I hope you have some BIG wins today too! I would love to hear what you are going to celebrate today!

Oh I like the row machine @SweetWithSour (I find it oddly relaxing, plus I like the cool air hit-back when you pull harder 🙂 ) well done 👏🏻 👏🏻

hello @SweetWithSour

Thankyou so much for that post! As you can see, it's taken a while for me to get all my ducks in a row (I think some were over the hill and far away 😁 ) to reply, but I have had some wins.

I have not been in bed, but I feel like I've come out from under a cloud, not that I noticed while under it, just really confused and struggling week after week to get out of my own way. Then , during August, the "sun started shining" and everything feels brighter and positive. I realise I've been under the cloud for a year, maybe 18 months, and explains so much of my stagnation. @JayCS , @sunkacola , does that sound fibro related to you at all?

My normal style is to push myself when feeling better, extending myself too far. This push then causes a crash and me back into a flare.
This is what I am always trying to manage, have been all my life. Trying to not overdo as something important coming up, but still often flatten myself anyway, (trying to keep up with/for others). It's been hugely relieving to find others similar, as I was only diagnosed in 2019.

I did not reply, as I was getting the place ready for visitors, and last weekend was virtually a 3 day local show. Two grandsons kept me going , so a week or more cleaning and tidying, and three hectic days, I'm kinda pooped right now 😁 I did not add to my load by trying to think of how to write anything!

Overall though, I still feel much brighter and more positive than I have for months.

Thanks again for your post 🤗🤗🐉 (learning to work with my gremlin 😉 )

@sunkacola , does that sound fibro related to you at all?
There's really no way to know, especially for anyone here to say, since we are not there and don't know you in person. Depression often goes along with fibro, but it is a chicken-and-egg sort of thing, and whether or not it is directly related in any given instance is not possible to determine.

Overall though, I still feel much brighter and more positive than I have for months.
This is INCREDIBLE and a huge win to celebrate, congratulations!!!!!!

You are right, it sometimes is hard to recognize and see you're in it when you are in it. For me, I think it is a mixture of reasons such as: self preservation, brain fog, low energy, pain, lack of sleep, and denial. It is such a wonderful feeling when "the sunlight shines and you come out of the dark.

Keep being amazing and celebrating all your wins, big and small!!!!

Sending you lots of sunshine and love

I like whack a mole (I'm good at that) I've won prizes at our seaside arcade for that)
🧸🐭 🏖

I like whack a mole (I'm good at that) I've won prizes at our seaside arcade for that)
You have a sixth sense for what's surfacing?! 🧞‍♀️

Back