Diagnosed Thursday

JAMIEWHITE21

Hello everyone. I’m 45. I’ve had pain in various “odd” places and have severe fatigue. I also struggle with mental health. My mom had fibromyalgia. I never thought I would have it. I’ve been in significant pain that wraps around my ribs n almost to my breast for five months. I had an mri last week. Currently I’m on 10/325 hydrocodone and gabapentin 300 mg three times per day. Thus far, it has helped. Although I don’t take the hydrocodone as prescribed. Every six hours is too much for me. Without these two, I’m screaming in nerve pain. My newest symptom is right knee pain. I can’t explain it. Just woke up and the pain was there. I have been researching fibromyalgia since Thursday.

Are smoothies a big help? I have no problem with drinking smoothies but the ingredients are quite expensive, so I want some feedback if they do help or not. I am starting aqua therapy soon. I can definitely say I was very depressed the first day after diagnosis. But now Im not giving up. I’m going to do what I can to help myself. Hopefully my weight, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure and depression goes as an added bonus.

Hello everyone. I’m 45. I’ve had pain in various “odd” places and have severe fatigue. I also struggle with mental health. My mom had fibromyalgia. I never thought I would have it. I’ve been in significant pain that wraps around my ribs n almost to my breast for five months. I had an mri last week. Currently I’m on 10/325 hydrocodone and gabapentin 300 mg three times per day. Thus far, it has helped. Although I don’t take the hydrocodone as prescribed. Every six hours is too much for me. Without these two, I’m screaming in nerve pain. My newest symptom is right knee pain. I can’t explain it. Just woke up and the pain was there. I have been researching fibromyalgia since Thursday.

Are smoothies a big help? I have no problem with drinking smoothies but the ingredients are quite expensive, so I want some feedback if they do help or not. I am starting aqua therapy soon. I can definitely say I was very depressed the first day after diagnosis. But now Im not giving up. I’m going to do what I can to help myself. Hopefully my weight, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure and depression goes as an added bonus.
Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

"Are smoothies a big help?"........................this question is pretty vague.
A "smoothie" is anything....any combination of things...... that has been put into a blender and made into concoction that can be drunk, so the question is like asking if vegetables help. There's no answer to that.

Is there some specific kind of smoothie you are wondering about?
What ingredients are you referring to that you say are expensive?

You are on a very high level of pain medication. While this may be necessary for you, I want to caution you that the medications you are taking are known to be addictive, especially the opiate. Great care needs to be taken when using these medications, because you don't want to go down the addiction road.

Feeling depressed about this is pretty common. Good for you, for your determination to do what you can to work with this. I have written a post of suggestions for things you can experiment with to find out what your specific triggers are, and what might help you to reduce your pain without taking heavy pain medication daily. Many people find that if they work diligently with their diet, reduce stress, and do the other things I mention in that pose, they can reduce or even remove pain medication.

I hope this forum is helpful to you. We are all here to support each other.

Back