If you're on the fence about adopting a dog...

Thank you for this post! I lost my dog Summer last July. She was 13 1/2. I miss her dreadfully.
I have just retired so am now open to getting another fur baby. I have had my doubts but reading your posts has just confirmed… it’s what I need to do.

Oh that's lovely you have the time to welcome a new dog into your life. Whilst Summer will always be part of you there's a new dog who will have a happy home. We will expect a picture when that time comes of course...

Thank you for this post! I lost my dog Summer last July. She was 13 1/2. I miss her dreadfully.
I have just retired so am now open to getting another fur baby. I have had my doubts but reading your posts has just confirmed… it’s what I need to do.
And there is a dog out there right now who needs you.
I recommend visiting your local shelter and taking a look at the dogs there. You can also check in with local rescue groups.....there are some that are breed-specific and others that have mostly large dogs or mostly small ones. It might take more than one visit to find your soul mate but there are so many dogs who are homeless and need to be adopted that I bet you will find just the right one if you look.

Aw sorry for your loss of lovely fur baby @Polly58 (I know the effect they have in life and loss they leave too) also welcome to our forum ☕🧁🌺 ✨