Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
My Doc prescribed Pregabalin 75 mg. It has changed my world.
I no Longer have the constant ACHE that I have had for Six Years.

I used to have what I referred to "Suicide Days" the days you
hurt so bad, you just want to give up and consider suicide.

I am also doing Acupuncture 2x a week and I am feeling better.

I am so glad you found something that is working for you! I'm also VERY glad you are with us and posting, not letting your "Suicide Days" win!!!!

Please make sure you have life lines to reach out to during those difficult days, should they pop up gain. Set them up in advance and include many options in your toolbox. Maybe a favorite movie/show marathon that has you laughing, a special meal, a fantastic music Playlist, a super cozy outfit, maybe a favorite tea, if the weather is nice sitting outside, and absolutely a great list of friends & loved ones to turn to that will be great supports.

Chronic pain can be very difficult to navigate and absolutely can have in impact on mental health. I'm so grateful that I have an incredible mental healthy counselor. Her and I have been meeting regularly over the last few years. With her help, I've found even more techniques to add to my toolbox, including guided meditation.

@Rubyaz glad to hear that you have had positive results with Pregabalin. I took 450mg for the best part of ten years. It calms down severe burning forearm pain most of the way. Unfortunately it also makes my brain fog worse and causes constipation. Dropping down to 150mg a few months ago helped the brain fog but it's still an issue. Husk fiber tablets help the bowel. I'm not sure how much it helps the other pains but fortunately it calms down the burning pain. Difficult to know if I should lower the dose or ween myself off to improve brain fog.

All the best for your time on the medication, hopefully the side effects will not be an issue. Those bad days you mention can be horrific so do please look after yourself.

@Rubyaz ...........Wishing you the best with it! And just know that if by any chance it stops working or the side effects get bad, don't let that get you down. There are so many things you can try, both with and without medications. And you can always come here for support.

I'm SO glad you've found something that's helping the pain you were getting, let's hope it stays at this level and your quality of life keeps improving (and you can do things that whatever was the cause of your pain restricted you from doing) 🥳

Very happy to hear of your success with Lyrica. As you may know "Lyrica almost ruined my life.(see thread of same title) I'm finding more success with doing Lamaze. It's been a bit now. So in the begining the relaxing progressed from an hour down to 35 nineties. My breathing technique has decreased from one hour to 20 minutes. And the eee. eee & hoo hoo's work efficiently to get me through the real bad pain. I'm really enjoying my , pain with brain, no narcotics versus narcotics for pain no brain. Don't get me wrong I still have an emmense amount of pain. It's just dissipated differently. I was not progressing energy wise and constant 24-36 hrs experiences of depression. So I contacted my psychiatrist and I'm now on 5 mg of Abilify a day. I'm responding very, very well to this addition to my arsenal.

Good luck to you on your Lyrica (pregambelin*) journey. Lots of luck! God bless you!🙏

I’m glad it’s helped you. Lyrica is something I’ve been looking into, as I seem to have severe neuropathy and/or fibromyalgia. The paresthesia and burning are so bad that I’ve been looking into legal human euthanasia programs around the world (though accessing/affording it would be a very long shot), but Lyrica seems like it’s worth trying if I can afford it.

Lyrica/Pregabalin - unfortunately my early enthusiasm has changed. While the med
worked well, days of severe constipation forced me to stop taking it. For me
Fibro is one disappointment after another, but trying to stay positive.

I've found Psyllium husk fibre capsules help with the constipation, better results than taking Movicol on prescription. Lowered my dose of Pregab from 300mg to 150mg today.

Lyrica/Pregabalin - unfortunately my early enthusiasm has changed. While the med
worked well, days of severe constipation forced me to stop taking it. For me
Fibro is one disappointment after another, but trying to stay positive.
So many of us here can relate to this, Rubyaz. I have not yet found a pain medication that works and doesn't come with ridiculous side effects that make living less appealing than the pain does. Not to mention the fact that no one can even tell you what the long-term effects on your brain or body are going to be with most of the pain medications that are being prescribed.

And yes, fibro is definitely one disappointment after another while trying to stay positive. I try to reduce my disappointments by not thinking that any medication will ever help, while still being willing to try one if things get bad enough and my doctor has a recommendation. It's basically being sort of an optimistic pessimist. If I don't get any hopes up it's an easier road to be on, but that doesn't mean that I won't give something, whether medication or otherwise, a try, while maintaining an open mind that it could help.

Back