Fibromyalgia / Reye’s syndrome are they linked?

Mr Bee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Please be aware as a long term sufferer of Fibromyalgia that Reye’s syndrome ‘may’ be linked. It started as a body buzzing feeling at the same time fibro started. Took years to develop. Watch out for brain damage which I have in a moderate state. Completely destroyed my life as no doctor ever diagnosed it in 36 years.

Hi Mr bee!, long time no see, (please excuse the rhyming : ) I've not heard of this condition before (be interesting to have a look into it "just" before gabapentin puts me to sleep 😄) 😁🐝😁

I have looked for this, and find no reference anywhere that links Reye's Syndrome with fibromyalgia, or even any reference to their possibly being linked with one another.

Although often people with fibro will sometimes develop, or already have, other syndromes and conditions, they are not actually linked to the fibromyalgia.

I have that question myself I had that Reyes syndrome and I do have fibromyalgia now. There are a lot of similarities the nerve damage and muscle weakness that are both kind of side effects to fibromyalgia, but not nerves being damaged, but overactive and the muscle weakness. The problem with this with the research that I do have is that you do have to have the severe symptoms in order to have that with even adulthood but I am beginning to wonder myself

I have that question myself I had that Reyes syndrome and I do have fibromyalgia now. There are a lot of similarities the nerve damage and muscle weakness that are both kind of side effects to fibromyalgia, but not nerves being damaged, but overactive and the muscle weakness. The problem with this with the research that I do have is that you do have to have the severe symptoms in order to have that with even adulthood but I am beginning to wonder myself
Just be aware that it may develop. There are so many similarities but I have more problems than I can manage... I live on my own and no Doctor listens because they simply do not have the time. There is no-one doing proper research either so the neglect is enormous but you cannot sue because it is the NHS, If in America I'd be a Multi millionaire overnight. Not that I would sue as I believe retribution is in Jehovah's hands not mine. I'm happy knowing that!

Hi @Mlot78 i recogize your name as a new one so I'm welcoming you to the forum ☕🥞💙

HI MR BEE! 👋🏻 (nice to see you back)

Just be aware that it may develop.
The thing is, anything may develop in anyone who has fibromyalgia, or who does not have fibromyalgia. There's no point in being concerned about something like this unless you are having some symptoms that you have not had before, and in that case it is wise to see a doctor about the new symptoms.

Being concerned that something "may" develop is only another thing that can cause stress, which is not helpful.

Back