Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2023
Country
CA
State
ON
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and have been also suffering from chronic fatigue and pain. I have been trying to take proactive steps in dealing with the symptoms, but it has been difficult.
I am hoping to find support and help among these forums! I don't know many people who have fibro, except one friend, and I know I can't completely rely on her for everything. It's wonderful that we can talk and be candid about what we are going through, but I definitely feel as though I need more support from people who are dealing with it too. I am hopeful to learn any new tips or strategies for managing pain and fatigue. I'm looking forward to learning more about fibro and getting to know the people in this forum. :)

Welcome to the forum. :) Lots of support and information here.
For info, this is a good place to start:

I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and have been also suffering from chronic fatigue and pain. I have been trying to take proactive steps in dealing with the symptoms, but it has been difficult.
I am hoping to find support and help among these forums! I don't know many people who have fibro, except one friend, and I know I can't completely rely on her for everything. It's wonderful that we can talk and be candid about what we are going through, but I definitely feel as though I need more support from people who are dealing with it too. I am hopeful to learn any new tips or strategies for managing pain and fatigue. I'm looking forward to learning more about fibro and getting to know the people in this forum. :)
Welcome @rhea, you are in good company here, there are so many knowledgeable people on here, and also a great place for compassion in those extra challenging times that we all go through. @sunkacola post is a great place to start, there are a huge number of things you can try to help with your symptoms, and plenty of kind ears hear when you just need to vent a bit ❤️

The best thing i have learnt is to give everything you can a try, finding the right things for your fibro is(in my experience) a lot of trial and error but worth it when you do find those things that help. And after that if you are still not having enough success there are some medications you can try, but as Sunkacola says theres an abundance of other things to try before going down the medication path.

My personal journey has been very medication based as i only found a couple of natural things that helped me but we are all different. If you get to the point where medication does become a part of your journey i would be more than happy to chat with you about the things i have tried.

You are in good hands here, for me it has been a safe haven and a place where i can discuss those thoughts and feelings that can lurk in the back of your mind, the support here is amazing ❤️❤️

Thank you for this! I did read it and it was incredibly helpful. My husband and I are planning ways to make these changes and make sure I am able to stick to them too.

Welcome @rhea, you are in good company here, there are so many knowledgeable people on here, and also a great place for compassion in those extra challenging times that we all go through. @sunkacola post is a great place to start, there are a huge number of things you can try to help with your symptoms, and plenty of kind ears hear when you just need to vent a bit ❤️

The best thing i have learnt is to give everything you can a try, finding the right things for your fibro is(in my experience) a lot of trial and error but worth it when you do find those things that help. And after that if you are still not having enough success there are some medications you can try, but as Sunkacola says theres an abundance of other things to try before going down the medication path.

My personal journey has been very medication based as i only found a couple of natural things that helped me but we are all different. If you get to the point where medication does become a part of your journey i would be more than happy to chat with you about the things i have tried.

You are in good hands here, for me it has been a safe haven and a place where i can discuss those thoughts and feelings that can lurk in the back of your mind, the support here is amazing ❤️❤️
Thank you! I do plan to start with some of the suggestions that sunkacola mentioned in the post. From what I've learned, I definitely agree, it is a lot of trial and error and finding out what works for you. Sometimes it's hard to know where to begin and what makes the most sense to try first, so I'm appreciate of sunkacola's post and any other information I learn from these forums and all of you.

If I do go down the medication path, I'll definitely reach out to you and see what you found worked and any recommendations you might have. I'm not sure what is going to work for me yet, but I'm glad there are a lot of options out there, and people to help me with them.

Thank you! I do plan to start with some of the suggestions that sunkacola mentioned in the post. From what I've learned, I definitely agree, it is a lot of trial and error and finding out what works for you. Sometimes it's hard to know where to begin and what makes the most sense to try first, so I'm appreciate of sunkacola's post and any other information I learn from these forums and all of you.

If I do go down the medication path, I'll definitely reach out to you and see what you found worked and any recommendations you might have. I'm not sure what is going to work for me yet, but I'm glad there are a lot of options out there, and people to help me with them.
You are not alone, that journey of trial and error can be a tough one but when you find those things that work its all worth it. And for the times when you are struggling with that trial and error journey we are all here to listen and help in any way we can ❤️❤️

Hello rhea! Welcome to the forum ☕🍰 (I like your cwtchy profile pic, cuddly husband and his lovely beard) Yes your in the right place, we talk about fibro a lot (which makes sense 😊) and lots of other things, its nice, also hope to learn more about you too, welcome again, ✨🧚🏼‍♀️✨

Hello rhea! Welcome to the forum ☕🍰 (I like your cwtchy profile pic, cuddly husband and his lovely beard) Yes your in the right place, we talk about fibro a lot (which makes sense 😊) and lots of other things, its nice, also hope to learn more about you too, welcome again, ✨🧚🏼‍♀️✨
Thank you! ☺️
Thank you so much. I feel very welcomed and I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all ☺️

You are not alone, that journey of trial and error can be a tough one but when you find those things that work its all worth it. And for the times when you are struggling with that trial and error journey we are all here to listen and help in any way we can ❤️❤️
Thank you 🥰 I am so thankful I found this website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back