Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
IL
Do any of you have bad pain when in a flare from head to toe and all of a sudden it's gone for a couple hours or a day then is just as suddenly back again??

Yeah, more in the past, but it can still happen, stiffness often down, energy up - in my case it's likely due to risen levels of the neurotransmitters cortisol (and histamine). We talked about it here a few days ago.

Yes I do. At one point, the only area not painful was my shins. It comes and goes for me.

Good day everyone!! I hear everyones pain for sure. I have been a bit fortunate this summer. My flare ups have subsided for a bit, and I do enjoy it. Yes I still get somewhat uncomfortable by days end, but some ice packs and heat help, and the next day to go on and do it again. My secret is keeping busy, hurting or not. My summer gardens are my savior plus the fresh veggies are great!! Hang in everyone, have a good day!!

Keeping busy is the only thing that takes my mind off the pain for a bit. What do you take for the pain? Also when you flare, do you also feel ill?

Not sure if you mean all of us, but I'll give it a go:
Keeping busy is the only thing that takes my mind off the pain for a bit.
Yeah, me too, but mentally/online or very gently stretching/moving, not pushing thru.
What do you take for the pain?
No success, just harm, from meds. Stretches etc. for local pains. Rest for overdoing Ache.
Also when you flare, do you also feel ill?
More and more I'm calling what's coming with the exhaustion "post exertional malaise" like ME/CFS, similar to flu, malaise cos it feels ill. But I also get what I'm now trying to call "post postural Ache" which doesn't feel quite as "ill". Local pains don't make me feel ill, unless when they come with the Ache, like my bladder pain often does if I haven't got it under control with GABA.

Have you ever had your flare just end all of a sudden?

Have you ever had your flare just end all of a sudden?
Like you said above and I answered: for hours or a day, definitely.
I also can usually sense when a trigger effect is wearing off. That can happen fairly quickly.
As I can identify most triggers, I can do something about them or can estimate how long its flare might be. Last week's methylene blue and uro exam lasted from Monday to Sunday. When I reduced methylene blue the flare got better, when I increased it, it got worse, and when I stopped it on Thursday, I still needed till Sunday to get over the uro exam, so Monday and Tuesday were "good". Measured by energy being down to 12%, then back up to 18%.
Long away from the 100% energy before my full flare started Dec19, which never stops. (Last time energy was up >20% (sometimes 25%, a few days 30%) was while I was doing Chinese acupuncture last Aug/Sep. - by tracing how it was working I saw it wasn't sustainable. Occasionally I had a few hours where I felt 'normal', but if I acted upon that, again that wasn't able to take load.

I think my biggest problem is this crappy Midwest weather! Fronts in and out constantly and just increases my pain that much more. Feel half-human only when the barometric pressure stays real high for a while.

I think my biggest problem is this crappy Midwest weather!
Ah, yes, the weather... Possibly harder to influence than other triggers. But all triggers are hard to influence if we don't realize their mechanisms. And it's good to have a close look at them all bit by bit and try to influence each as much as possible.
Luckily I've been able to get used to or adapt to cold/wind/sun, changing my clothing/protection and now being outdoors almost all day, regardless (from being indoors almost all day).

Having a look around what may be done about it, I spose it depends on the kinds of symptoms. Examples I saw on kaplansinusrelief were sinus headaches, mood, anxiety, stress, fatigue, lower blood pressure / dizziness / blurred vision, lower blood sugar, joint pain from less viscous joint fluid, but also from lack of sunlight during stormy weather.
That company is selling balloon sinuplasty (dilation I think that means), which reminds me of my ENT recommending lasering my sinuses so they are more "airy".
Sinus headaches are something that in my case is caused mainly by histamine (as well as my antihistamine, strangely), and I can influence it with GABA and cold showers, but maybe different/new things would be necessary for weather related ones, and if necessary would consider both of those techniques. My way of combating lack of sunlight is now to be outside anyway and stare at the sky where it is lightest many times a day (otherwise using a good daylight lamp). For the rest I'd try various kinds of exercise(s)/manual stuff and food etc. to increase all that is alack.

A different - indoors - approach would be to increase the barometric pressure in the home. sciencing describes these techniques: "Turn off exhaust fans or reduce the number of them running in the home. Exhaust fans remove air from inside the house to the outside, lowering the inside air pressure. Avoid using exhaust fans when not using the stove or bathroom or when using the dryer, which uses an exhaust fan.
Obtain or install a supply-only ventilation system. Supply-only ventilation uses a fan to force outside air into the home. The ducts channel fresh air into several rooms throughout the home. Inside air leaks through bathroom, stove and other vents.
Cool the home by running the air conditioner, opening windows on a cool day or using ceiling fans. Cool air sinks, suppressing air molecules and increasing air pressure. Warmer air rises, lowering air pressure."
Interesting, not sure how much this can really influence it, but I'd definitely be trying these and looking for other things whilst using a barometer.

I think my biggest problem is this crappy Midwest weather!
Just wanting to link this more recent thread to something I just wrote about "bio weather" on a slightly older thread about "temperature sensitivity" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back