Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
ST
I've just gone through one of the worst bout of pain due to a Fibro flare that I've ever had. It lasted 3 days and at the end I was so drained that I wished I didn't wake up in the morning. The pain was mostly in my lower back and my hips, but also in my calf and big toes, and it would switch from one joint or bone to another and I would just drop to the floor as the pain was too bad to stand or walk..

Hi Jonny,

Welcome!!! I'm glad to hear you've made it to the other side of your flare! You're right, it can be very draining when you go through one. Have you found any techniques that help you? I have a few go to ones in my toolkit, and others in there when I need to really dig deep. For me, I tend to start off with movement, distraction, breathing, guided meditation, heat, rowing, calling a friend to chat and laugh, and sitting outside in the sun. The other big thing I do is remind myself that "this too shall pass". The sour moments of a flare help the sweeter moment in my life tast that much sweeter.

Well done being a warrior and making your way through that flare. Think back over it and see if there were things that helped you during that period, and were there things that made it worse. Being curious about mine has helped me hone the items in my toolbox and continuing to add more to my arsenal for my next one.

Best wishes!
Ren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back