A positive quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good, yes...
My mum reminded me the other day that I didn't like her quotes as a kid.
I think it was because she "had" them, but I felt didn't "live" them.
However I had at least one book of aphorisms which I worked thru.

So for me it's important to continually apply them to specific situations and make them my own.
Like eating something. Rather than looking at them as something pretty like an inedible fancy wedding cake.
Or a balloon floating past above, unreachable.
Which means select them for the relevant situations I'm in.
Quotes become maxims, mottos, mantras and habits.

As it seems to me I live all the above to the full, I don't seemt to need them at the moment,
unless I'm blind to something, which isn't impossible.
(Cookiebaker's "everyone has a happy ending" is difficult, only liveable as a belief that there happiness lies "beyond" life. Some say after death, I prefer above life and death, and then as a possible consequence after, not for me to "see".

When I try to explain people my basic attitudes the serenity prayer is one that I spose I quote most.
But for me quotes get their sense from actually motivating and inspirating,
and interestingly the various motivating categories on my blog entries don't include quotes.
I'm sure there must be some quote around for me to work on....?

Which quote are you working on and making your own, and to which situations are you applying it?

Something my late mother used to say was "you have to answer to yourself". It's come to mind from time to time and served as a reminder I can either fool myself or face things. Regret may feel unpleasant but it can drive you forward.

What are dove chocolates cookiebaker? Are they delicious!?
I ♥️🍫
yes, they are very delicious!
Dove is a brand name here in the USA - I go for the dark chocolate myself, but they do have milk chocolate along with added things like caramel, nuts and such..

1681095044120.png

Dove is a brand name here in the USA - I go for the dark chocolate myself
Seeing the way it's written made me curious: the Unilever company called Dove we worldwide all probably know better makes toiletries, and has become important for women to feel well with their bodies and even leading as a resource for eating disorder education as I recently learnt in a webinar.
Whilst this chocolate is by an unrelated Mars company. Seems ironic, not sure if it's unfitting or fitting....

Last edited:
Seeing the way it's written made me curious: the Unilever company called Dove we worldwide all probably know better makes toiletries, and has become important for women to feel well with their bodies and even leading as a resource for eating disorder education as I recently learnt in a webinar.
Whilst this chocolate is by an unrelated Mars company. Seems ironic, not sure if it's unfitting or fitting....
yes, there is also the Dove toiletries here.... body washes, deodorant, lotions, etc.
and there is the Dove Chocolates... and as you have seen, totally unrelated to each other.
and honestly, not sure which came first... hmmm...

so, apparently Dove chocolates came first in 1939
while Dove soap did not come out until 1957

Yes Jay! 😄 I know what you mean dove being connected to chocolates confused my mind a bit cos uk it's our soap products and things,

Last edited:
I'm not usually a fan of dark chocolate, but yesterday I found something new I've not tried before and got curious, it was a pack of sour cherries covered in dark chocolate, aw they were really nice 🤤 (I felt expensive eating them 🙂) they were surprisingly sweet given the title, favourite choc's in this order white, milk then dark 👍🏻

I'm not usually a fan of dark chocolate
I used to detest even just semisweet (55%+) chocolate (is that English?), but I've had to get so used to it that I now prefer them to milk choc which has completely lost its spell.
I shouldn't eat any chocolate cos of the effect of sugar on my lipids, but compromise with 70% or preferably 85%.
Sour cherries with dark chocolate or the other way round would probably also be something I like,
one of my faves now is 85% with hemp and blueberries. I think it's raw chocolate. Yeah, I feel like the Crown Jewels.... 👑
I vary so that I get some relief when I get back to a sort I really like. :rolleyes: - At the moment to overcome my lack of appetite and gain weight I allow myself all dark chocolate I want. Which can occasionally be the full 100g, but usually half or so.

i absolutely love my dark chocolate.. much prefer it to milk. Semi-sweet is ok - especially if in a cookie or brownie, LOL

the Dove package says a serving is 4 of those nuggets pictured above... i usually only do 2, maybe 3
each of those nuggets is about 28mm x 30mm x nearly 10mm thick! that is a lot of chocolate for one piece

and inside each foil wrapper is a small inspirational quote.

Sounds yummy johnsalmon 🤤💓🍬

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain."
Miyamoto Musashi
1584 – 1645

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back