Could these symptoms be Fibromyalgia?

amykcpa

Hi — I have been investigating my symptoms for several months with my internist and rheumatologist. I have had many tests but no diagnosis as of yet.

My symptoms are as follows.
Widespread muscle and tendon pain
Tendon pain front of shoulders, front of hip bones and inner elbows
Burning and arthritic pain along entire spine.
Burning pain heels. Achilles tendonitis.
Burning tendon pain outer knees
Sacroiliac pain right hip and pain on right iliac crest
Pain at base of thumbs

My symptoms wax and wane. My symptoms are greatly relieved with NSAIDS. I take 7.5mg of Meloxicam daily which really helps my pain.

My pain is much worse when I am stressed.

Do these symptoms occur with fibromyalgia? Or should I be looking elsewhere for a diagnosis?

Thanks for your help.

johnsalmon - Thank you for your help.

One rheumatologist did mention the possibility of spondyloarthritis which is an inflammatory type of arthritis. So I think that is the more likely diagnosis.

hi @amykcpa

Do these symptoms occur with fibromyalgia? Or should I be looking elsewhere for a diagnosis?

This is a forum for those with fibro to chat and support each other. None of us are qualified to diagnose.

You need to look elsewhere regarding diagnosis, but are welcome to browse around the forums.

hi @amykcpa

This is a forum for those with fibro to chat and support each other. None of us are qualified to diagnose.

You need to look elsewhere regarding diagnosis, but are welcome to browse around the forums.
@amykcpa

I meant, browse and join in with conversations :) :)

Back
< >