Forgetting things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much I dont want to scare you but I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia shortly after giving birth to my youngest and they are blaming the labour for the cause which was a fast birth he was out within half hour I am a single mum and dont get no help whatsoever from the father it is hard but the blessing of being a mum is worth it I was on crutches in the pregnancy I had been diagnosed with arthritis of the spine after my first so could take no meds really but there other things like a nerve cream I got I hope you do get pregnant it's not easy but it will totally worth it make sure you have a good support system around you when u need to rest.i really hope this helps feel free to ask me anything else

The story of my life! It is embarrassing when it happens in public. I always have the people help me figure out the word that just fell out of my head lol. It becomes a game lol. I try to laugh about it, because honestly what else can you do. My vision gets blurry sometimes and here I am with glasses and I still can’t see! That’s really frustrating when trying to buy medicine. They write the Ingredients and directions so small only a hobbit can read it! The struggle is real y’all!

I've noticed over the years that when I am experiencing bad pain my brain seems to focus on the pain and lets everything else go - so I get clumsy, can't find words, get super tired and can't physically do much. I do crossword puzzles everyday - and it keeps my brain active, plus it reassures me that i'm not losing those words - they are still in there, it's just that my brain is busy with other things - like fibro and pain.

That's all you can do is laugh I'm just wondering what is the worst thing that can happen with fibromyalgia because over these past few years I have lost everything about myself Its like I'm getting worse and worse as time goes by

I was reading on how going without treatment for fibromyalgia will only make it worse later on in life.
I wqs diagnosed in 2006. I managed pain with narcotic pain meds for several years through the dr and buying them. I had a pretty bqd habit, but I needed to work as I was raising 2 kids alone without their moms help. Even when i worked she wasn't allowed around the my kids since her rights were legally taken away.
Fast forward to 2014. I knew my time was coming that I'd have to stop working so I filed for disability and continued working part time until I was given disability in 2017. Now it's gotten to the point where I am not able to move as much or eve ln do much.
Unfortunately I was one who couldn't tolerate the medications to help with fibromyalgia and I stopped the pain meds in 2015. Only getting them sporadically until 2017 and haven't touched them since.
I would think about the long term affects of going off the medication if it's helping you. Are you going to be able to raise a child after it's born and will you be able to tolerate the medications if you restart them after?
Not saying not to have any children, I would do more research on how it will affect you later on. They say it doesn't get worse,but I disagree. It has only gotten worse for me over the years and it's not done yet. I'm in my early 40s and might end up in a wheel chair before I'm 50.
I know how much joy a child can be,I raised 2 and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Just consider your health for later on in life.
Good luck!

I play drums and was pretty good at it in 2012. Now it is much harder for me to do. I used to play 2 hours a day easy, now I'm lucky if I play 4-5 songs a week and I can't handle it anymore.
FM has to be the worst thing without dying some days. It really changes your life in many ways.

I was diagnosed with fbm less than year ago. I’ve been experiencing a lot of memories issues for awhile now, at the beginning I thought was my age , I’m 46, and then I thought would be because English is my second language, but I only speak English, I work with English speaking people all day long 7 days a week. It is very frustrating. The other day I called my coworker by his full name “Thomas” which he does not like, and as soon as I did I thought to myself “why I’m calling him Thomas?”, but I could not remember that he is known by “Tom“, I pretend I was joking around with him but the sadness inside of me grew so big that I had to cry.

Hi mariaedilene, try not feel so bad. I know it is easier said than done. I am sure you have read past posts and would have seen that this is one of the annoying symptoms of fibromyalgia. It can be very frustrating. Calling someone by the wrong name has happened to me on numerous occasions. I know it can be embarrassing. Try not to let it get you down. I have three daughters and I have to get through all their names before I get to the correct one. There is a thread here on the forum where advice is given to people who are newly diagnosed. Look it up and you will find it very helpful. It has really helped me a lot.
Personally I have found that going gluten free and taking a good quality fish oil has helped me a little with the fibro fog. 😊

I have the same memory problems and have developed a memory test.
Take three 2 didget numbers spaced 10 apart in decending order..
eg 75, 65, 55, and multiply them one at a time by 3, 4 and 5.

Eg. 75 x 3 = 225, then 65 x 4 = 260, then 55 x 5 = 275. Then try and add up the three results.
If you can remember the answer to the first two equasions you dont have fibromalhgia brain fog.
I find that you can't do and remember any three function level calculation.
Its impossible to remember the results of the first two when you've done the third.
Easy if written down in front of you, but impossible in your head from memory alone.
This three tier test really works and if you can do it with ease, then you do not have fibromyalgia.
Test invented my me, Colin Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back