Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1994
Country
US
State
PA
Pure magnesium oil (in spray bottle, from chiropractor) squashed an onset of slight RLS the other night. And yesterday, after basically overdoing because I felt up to it and enjoyed feeling normal for the first time in forever, my lower back started getting twinges, then whole back really hurt. My husband sprayed the magnesium all over my back and then I sat in bed with my heating pad (BEST BUDDY THERE IS 😊) which heat is good for it to soak in. Pain subsided enough to go to sleep and woke up with no back pain! Something actually worked!? Maybe it would help with muscle cramps too.

Last edited:
I WILL HAVE TO LOOK IN TO IT. SOMETIMES I WAKE UP WITH SEVER LEG SPASMS AT NIGHT

I am so sorry about your restless legs. I suffer with the same. Finally found relief. My Dr gave me muscle relaxers that I take before bed. Works great!

Reactions: Nan
Maybe it would help with muscle cramps too.
Well magnesium is what's most recommended here for muscle cramps. For me that never made a difference, usually just I had to drink more.
Sounds as if your restless legs are very much connected to back problems?
Staying on the alternative route: what about doing back exercises more regularly?
That and reducing contact of my 100% uncushioned tailbone with seats etc. is what helps my lower back restlessness/yucky feelings.

And on the mainstream route - like @HighMaintenance - here levodopa/L-dopa is what is most commonly given for diagnosed RLS.
My sleep lab doc tried it on me, OK when underdosed, but got worse at the normal dose, so we decided RLS it is not, in my case.

But I can well imagine muscle relaxers helping some, too.

Reactions: Nan
Back