Mood Elevating Playlist

Yes @Rainbow, it is indeed Classic FM. I love the morning shows, a slow calming start, having never been a morning person. Even worse now the pain and stiffness is at its worse then until an hour midday. So loud shouty music is too much after 9/10 am.

I did also used to fall asleep to classic FM many years ago. I think dear old Henry Kelly was a night time presenter. In those days I have no facility to have auto switch off, so so would wake up, stumble to the radio then back to bed.
I am always amazed some classical music has the ability to both calm me and uplift me at once.

If I am in the mood to listen to something lively, to dance to or sing (badly) to, we use a Country music station, plays both old and new stuff.
I remain envious of those in the U.S who seem to have endless country music stations on tap.😁
How does one access Classic FM?

Well @JamieMarc I am really bad at techy stuff, but quick look at the Classic FM website bin the UK has details of how to listen throughout th world. There seems to be something called Global Player which I think can be downloaded?? It seems to show a few options. Good luck
Just don't ask.me anything too techy! 😬

Am sure anyone listening into any radio station soon finds their preferred presenter\playlists. and of course those that don't work...As I say the morning slots work for us, and Rainbow uses the later evening \ night times for relaxation .

Thank you, @SBee I will do a search for their website and take it from there. 🙏

Thank you for your post! I believe there is power in music and even recorded a podcast on the subject. I shared the happy morning mix my Spotify curated for me that morning. I do have hypersensitivity to sound, light and touch. So, I need to be flexible in my tools I use and when. Sometimes it is binge watching shows, sometimes it is music, other times it sitting outside and enjoying the beauty and nature.

Music has done wonders for my anxiety! I found that the blues had that slow swaying laid-back beat with layers of feelings in the instruments, lyrics, and the talent of the singer. Humming has been said to stimulate the vegas nerve, which helps active the parasympathetic nervous system, the opposite of flight/flight, the system that helps soothe and calm. I sometimes use soft classical music for sleep. I even had a Playlist that I used to calm my very anxious dog during thunderstorms and fireworks.

My music playlists helped me tremendously during my health crisis. I do believe there is power in music! When I don't have auditory hypersensitivity it has been an invaluable tool in my toolbox!

My Poor(-ly) Man's Playlist for Mood Elavation without Media in my Birdland:
  • GreatTit's cheering chirp,
  • Sparrows' cheerful chatter,
  • Blackbird's beautiful flutey motifs,
  • Jacks' cackling their night time stories and gleeful flying joy,
  • Blackcap's variations (still in the South tho...)
  • Robin's endless friendliness (sometimes 2am to 9pm atm).
  • Cranes' regal trumpeting trains (on the way North),
  • Swifts' summer screaming parties (also still in the South),
  • Jays and Magpies like Jacks when in soft tender mood,
  • Wood pigeons' lovey-dovey calls for some Big Time Sensuality.

My Poor(-ly) Man's Playlist for Mood Elavation without Media in my Birdland:
  • GreatTit's cheering chirp,
  • Sparrows' cheerful chatter,
  • Blackbird's beautiful flutey motifs,
  • Jacks' cackling their night time stories and gleeful flying joy,
  • Blackcap's variations (still in the South tho...)
  • Robin's endless friendliness (sometimes 2am to 9pm atm).
  • Cranes' regal trumpeting trains (on the way North),
  • Swifts' summer screaming parties (also still in the South),
  • Jays and Magpies like Jacks when in soft tender mood,
  • Wood pigeons' lovey-dovey calls for some Big Time Sensuality.
That's a nice list, a friend of mine is a twitcher and great at picking out bird calls. He's been teaching his grandson who's finding new appreciation for our countryside.

September by Earth Wind and Fire came to mind today.

I just learned about the app Merlin and am loving it! You can record a bird song and it identify the bird.

1000006847.jpg

I love @JayCS list of birds! We have always watched the birds around us every day, have a note of all we have seen in and over our garden.
What excites me is here in the UK we are yet to get some of the birds on your list, they can be summer visitors for us. some warblers are here alreay .

. In my happy romantic mind I often wonder if some of the actual birds you see may take the long flight across the water and we could then see them here? First swallows should arrive soon. Always save off our migrating birds then welcome them back and wish them well.😁

I just learned about the app Merlin and am loving it! You can record a bird song and it identify the bird.
Ah yes, I only have aged gadgets (cos of sustainability), so if anyone knows a desktop tool for this, I've looked and asked often!

Oh, wait a minute, someone could do me a favour and find out for me what this is? Even experts couldn't help me up to now: vocaroo.com 1gTVDT8TsK72 (add a slash then the number).

But I've ordered a CD which puts the birds in order of likelihood and has more than just one or two calls, like nuthatches have 7 different calls, GreatTits I'm getting to believe have something like 20?!

Someone suggested uplifting trance, made me listen to 20 seconds of 6 of my faves like Atlantic Ocean's Waterfall, makes me get shivers... (Official video with dolphins jumping wants to make me dance and swim at the same time..)

someone could do me a favour and find out for me what this is? Even experts couldn't help me up to now: vocaroo.com 1gTVDT8TsK72 (add a slash then the number).
sorry I'm no help 😞

I tried to post the screen shot I got from Merlin but it isn't posting. It said it couldn't identify it the bird isn't in their database

sorry I'm no help 😞 I tried to post the screen shot I got from Merlin but it isn't posting. It said it couldn't identify it the bird isn't in their database
What?! You're helping me tons, and say you're no help? Every dead-end is part of the path forward! Thank you! 🤗

We have always watched the birds around us every day, have a note of all we have seen in and over our garden.
Maybe we can take that over to "gone potty", too?!

Back