Tazza5523

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2020
Country
UK
Evening everyone,

After being in some pain and discomfort for some months now (body aches all over, cramps, constant lower back pain (does anyone experience this dull ache pain everyday?, IBS etc) my doctor has referred me to the neurologist. How long does a referral usually take to be seen and what normally is the next steps? What can a neurologist do for me? Will they request for further tests? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

so far I have only had my full blood count taken, which has come back completely normal.

thank you so much :)

Hi Tazza - sorry, not UK/NHS. But: Yes, I experience a dull ache/pain in my lower back most of the day and night. I get it down pretty much by osteopathy / acupressure / cold showering it / exercises and yoga for the lower back. My body also aches all over: finding the invisibly moving sweet spots for every activity, plus cryotherapy & cold showering & a breath-holding exercise help there. I have cramps or pre-cramps in my upper inner calves, getting that down by stretching exercises (heel in floor forward). IBS: Elimination diet & psyllium.
Next steps after the neurologist results of 4 muscle/nerve-tests were negative were: psychiatrist & sleep lab, both with (sort of) negative results, good to know, but not particularly helpful either (details elsewhere).
(BTW: Parallel I did endocrinologist, orthopedist & a second rheumatologist, and asked my GP to prescribe physio, which showed that normal physio is too severe for me now, but a gentle osteopath helped quite a bit for starters with everything you are describing. The endocrinologist found nothing. The 2 orthopedists did more harm than good. The 2nd rheumatologist diagnosed fibro, the first one 4 months earlier hadn't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back