DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2007
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello All
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia over 16 years ago, as my chronic pain has been getting worse with fatigue and insomnia is out of control.
I live in Ontario Canada and at this time also being investigated for MS.
Wish there was some type of medication to control chronic pain that doesn't cause weight gain... that's what needs to be researched.
Cheers

Hi CountryGal, and welcome to the forum. I hope you find this place to be helpful to you. Have you investigated all of the many things you can do for yourself that don't involve medication? I have written a post about this, and recommend you read it and start putting some of those suggestions to work for you. Many people find that if they experiment diligently and patiently with other things they will need far less medication, or none at all.
Best wishes to you.

Hi Country Panda ;-), and welcome!
Yeah, there's quite a bit of research being done, but regarding meds it's not getting anywhere much, not just in reducing weight gain or the many other side effects, but also the efficacy still leaves a lot to be desired for our type of pain, plus also they're all suppressing, not improving.
So I even wonder whether there ever can be a good pain medication for fibro - but for some, some do work without too many side effects.
The many workarounds to improve our general health and specific body problems seem to point more to changing lifestyle, attitude, stretching etc., diet and supplementing rather than meds.
If fatigue and insomnia have gotten so bad, I guess you're tackling insomnia first, which the fatigue might be worsening. So analyzing and reducing triggers, and using the newest research on supps and circadian rhythm - getting early and late sunlight to get cortisol up for the daytime and build up melatonin so we can get to sleep at night, and minimizing screen use in the evening. Since this year these study results are being shared all over the place, by mainstream sleep experts as well as functional docs. Ideally going to bed closer to 9 rather than 10, and to get there reducing sleep by getting up at 6, no matter what. Actually they say change that slow, but that doesn't work for me, so I "wrenched" it earlier, and after a time where it got too little, under 6 hours, from 8-9, I have now realized I feel better if I keep sleep length shorter, 7-8, and that's what the research also says, surprisingly to me (like all of this, to be honest, I thought it was all grandma pseudo-wisdom.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back