Now I have gone and done it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you hope - yes, arm is pretty much completely healed now.. very happy with how it did too.. the skin that got peeled back took hold and healed up very nicely.. scarring will be minimal.

So, thank you for the positive healing thoughts, but I am going to gather them up and send them back your way, cause it sounds like you could use some right now. 💜
Thanks CookieBaker, its been a rough few months

How can you write so well after an accident. my typing is like a three year old now. I used to be able to type 123 words a minute. Brain fog in the way.

How can you write so well after an accident. my typing is like a three year old now. I used to be able to type 123 words a minute. Brain fog in the way.
not really sure who this is directed at...
but the injury discussed in the initial post was mostly superficial - yes, it hurt like the dickens when it happened, and was pretty tender and sore while healing, but no broken bones or serious muscle damage, just bruising.

What causes me more grief - as far as typing goes - is the numbness & pain down my left arm, due to the arthritis in my neck impinging on nerves.. the numbness often makes it hard to tell what I am doing on the keyboard...
some days are worse than others - but I can still type pretty well, all things considered.

There are things you can do to combat the brain fog.
First step is looking at medications.. many meds can make brain fog worse - but always work with your doc on prescription meds.

Other things you can try are simple logic games that make you use your brain - kind of a "use it or lose it" exercise.. Even something as simple as playing solitaire can help keep the neurons firing.
I have a solitaire app on my phone that I play while in the waiting room at doctor appointments.. gives me something to do, and helps keep the brain functioning.. my current win rate is just over 53% - not too bad, LOL i used to struggle to stay around the 50% mark, so i must be doing something right. (getting off certain meds has helped a bunch)

I have other game apps I use occasionally as well.. when I get bored with solitaire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back