Bad Karma, well deserved....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mind is a powerfull thing 🪄 ✨

For me, CBD does nothing at all unless I take it alongside THC. The THC can be 1:1 or less, but CBD alone does nothing for me. Everyone's experience is different, though, so you may as well give it a try.

This may be true and the last thing I would ever want to do is discount your truth or experience. But I am deep down an optimistic believer in the power of any creature to endure horrible things and find recovery nevertheless, to whatever degree.

Full recovery to a state one would be in if it had never happened is never possible with severe trauma. But I believe because of my own experience, the experience of my clients, the experience of those with whom I have shared groups and people I have talked to, that there is always more progress, more recovery, that can be made.

If a person believes that they cannot recover they won't, but if they believe that just a little more is possible, and then a little more, progress can be made toward and even reaching a much more peaceful existence. Again, this is my own experience and for me it has taken and is taking decades, but things are better now than they were a year ago, ten years ago, twenty years ago. I think it's worthwhile to trust in the process of our own body/mind to heal, because it will move in that direction if we let it, if we trust in and believe in the possibility, and do things to the best of our ability to make way for that to happen.
Thank you for your wise words & advice, as always Sunkacola.
which applies just as much to your original definitive post on FMS etc, which I re-read very recently & gained a lot from
but in short, I admire your optimism.

Because people do in reality get broken beyond repair both mentally & physically, especially when surrounded by unalterable destructive circumstances that are ongoing.

My homeless son will return at some point & I'm already, despite my own ill health & mental fragility, trying to support & keep alive a beloved eldest grandchild, who is battling with the same inherited debilitating mental health issues & may not survive,
plus, there are 3 other younger ones in the pipeline, much loved by me, who tragically have the same potential of developing this devastating inheritance in due course, only time will tell.

So, bottom line is there is no end to it for me whilst I live & the longer I live, the more devastation & tragedy there will be,
& no 'Healthy Eating', counselling, exercise, walking, organic food, natural herbal remedies, therapies, prescription meds,
(especially the latter, they actually made both me & my son worse) or any of the above 'good advices' are going to help me in these circumstances.

The so-called 'Mental Health Services' are shambolic at best & dangerous at worst but mostly, none existent
& every time the police came to take my son away to the only available Mental Health Facility,
he came out even worse than when he went in,
likewise my granddaughter, so there is no help & no safety net

If I was well enough there is the option of running away but I'm neither healthy nor strong enough to do that
& as we all know, no matter how far you run, the problems go with you & the guilt of doing that would destroy me anyway,
so I'll stay at my post & keep on keeping on, as all Carers do when they love the people they are caring for,
no matter what price we pay & what we suffer ourselves in doing that.

The ONLY thing that has given me the strength to cope & keep going is my faith,
without it I would have not have survived it & would not be here now, still in a Caring Role.
It's what Quakers call 'Costly Love',which we believe is the highest form of love.

Right, that's enough of all that, I never meant to digress so far & for so long & I apologise for that.

Meanwhile, back to the original questions, if I can remember them lol...

Anyone else found something that helps Sinusitis & does it seem to be connected to FMS or Long Covid?
And has anyone with heart-beat throbbing in their heads found a way of stopping it? Thank you in front for any info. x

The

And has anyone with heart-beat throbbing in their heads found a way of stopping it?...
Does "pulsatile tinnitus" get you anywhere? Main causes to get checked: Hearing, Heart/vessels/high blood pressure or even more serious. Clevelandclinic has a longer list than mayoclinic.
Mine is from high blood pressure, so NSDR/yoga nidra helps (immediately by distracting, and then by relaxing, so I don't get it any more). Youtube-exercises like Austin Goh's might help, they vary like we do, I generally check about 3-8+ per symptom, always useful info on the way, and almost always a helpful treatment.
... something that helps Sinusitis & does it seem to be connected to FMS or Long Covid?
At first sight, sinusitis doesn't seem directly connected to FM. It may be connected via inflammation and a weakened immune system (praps also via myofascial pain). Similar Long CoV. Some say yeast infection. Whatever, knowing causes doesn't really help at first.
When I used to get acute ones, I used to try a nasal wash (neti), a herbal combination, alternating warm/cold showers, sinus massage. Masking has been very preventative.
I don't get that chronic sinusitises (me: varying sore throat most of the time), but if I did, I'd definitely be trialling eliminating foods, not just those on the NHS list, a functional/naturopath one.
My body'd make me think of histamine first, as I get a nauseous burning sinus headache from histamine. Triggers can be food, environmental, such as mould.
And that brings up the next connection: MCAS, some experts of that believing fibro may be a part of it. This would explain vague allergic/intolerant type symptoms, without any specific allergy found. Of course allergies would be another idea.

Talking connections, I can well imagine that sinusitis has pulsatile tinnitus as a side effect - does for me, cos it makes me hear more 'inside', less 'outside'.
So after all, some of the ideas about causes can help find treatments quicker, so it's always worth considering. And trigger hunting as ever.

Thank you SO much JayCS you've nailed it!

I'd never heard of it but just researched it online & everything fits, so now I know what it is,
ie Pulsatile Tinnitus, I can cope with it better.

Of course, it's what is causing it that matters but I doubt I stand very much chance of ever finding that out for sure
due to our shambolic health service & waiting lists years long here but it helps to know that am not just going nuts,
well, am doing that too but hey ho.

I'd gotten myself off all the prescription meds but with 'narrowing of blood vessels/ arteries' being cited as a common cause,
especially in the 'elderly' (Humph... to me 'elderly' is always someone at least 10+ years older than I am!)
I reckon i'll have to restart taking the Indapamide as it claims to widen arteries & lower blood pressure.
In fact, I've just taken one now.

THANK YOU again! x
PS: and YES, there is often a link between Sinus infections/Sinusitis & Pulsatile Tinnitus what a star you are!

Last edited:
Thank you SO much JayCS you've nailed it!
😁 👐
Of course, it's what is causing it that matters but I doubt I stand very much chance of ever finding that out for sure due to our shambolic health service & waiting lists years long here but it helps to know that am not just going nuts,
Youtube'll not only compensate for that, it'll be better than your docs - more variety, individuality, to the point, don't have to go anywhere, adapt things to your pace, choose physios that suit you and explain things properly, compare, shop around....
well, am doing that too but hey ho.
Ain't we all...
(Humph... to me 'elderly' is always someone at least 10+ years older than I am!)
Yep, and that feeling won't ever change :LOL: Doesn't for me. If it weren't for these annoying little add-ons, I'd still be able to do workouts like I wasn't able to 20 years ago, still got all my muscles, praps just by keeping on the move even while sitting.
I reckon i'll have to restart taking the Indapamide as it claims to widen arteries & lower blood pressure. In fact, I've just taken one now.
Would supps be OK instead? CoQ10, R-ALA and Ω3 are probably the cheapest best.
THANK YOU again! x PS: and YES, there is often a link between Sinus infections/Sinusitis & Pulsatile Tinnitus what a star you are!
🌟 - just occurred to me from own experience, didn't look that one up. 😊

LIGHT BULB MOMENT!!

Having researched it online it seems I tick every single box for MCAS, meaning 4 more alphabet letters to add to my ever increasing list
ie FMS/CFS/ME/IBS/MCAS etc. & another list of foods I can't eat & drinks I can't have.

This is getting silly now
& question is, WHY are so many of us so ill with multiple afflictions & stuck with useless doctors & their useless, often dangerous meds.

Is it just the perils of pollution, the toxins in our food & environment & plastic contamination of everything, including us,
in these modern times, is it the Russians, is it the apathy 7/or deliberate negligence of our Materialists Consumer Capitalist system,
or are we being culled by the Powers That Be?
If so, it's a long drawn out, slow & complicated way of doing it!
They could just out something in the water - maybe they have.

Plus, I had another light bulb moment shortly after when, after reading Sunkacola's original post, I suddenly realised my home is full of 'Products'
eg there's a double cupboard full of them under the kitchen sink, the bathroom seems to have even more, shelves full,
am even wondering about the pretty, scented liquid handwashes I use constantly, likewise the Covid hand cleansers
& my bedroom is full of Meds am not sure I can even use anymore, or even want to use, because it's all got too confusing.

Stop the world, I want to get off!

Last edited:
I suspect that there have always been most of the ailments that exist today, but they were called other things, or were undiagnosed. Or, if in women were discounted as "hysteria". Or assumed to be demonic possession or some other such affliction. Or, attributed to "night air" or to other superstitious causes. Or lumped under some other umbrella term. Or blamed on contact with bats, cats, elves, ravens, etc. Or, or, or.

There are, of course, some afflictions these days caused by chemical toxins that didn't exist a hundred years or more ago, and there are things being exacerbated by current climate changes and so on. But it's highly unlikely that anyone put something in the water, that it's Russians or Chinese, or that it's any other kind of conspiracy.

Modern life for many human beings today is, however, far from the way in which our bodies as animals who evolved on this planet were ever designed to live in terms of the food eaten, the environmental toxins and the common lack of appropriate physical activity, and of course these things all lead to widespread illness of one kind or another.

Getting rid of all those chemical things in your home would be a good idea. You don't know what is affecting you or how, but if you clear them all out and only use natural things you may find a positive effect. Really, no cleaning products are needed because plain white vinegar will clean almost everything as well as or better than the chemicals people use, and save you a lot of money. Artificially scented soaps have harmful chemicals in them. And the antibacterial soaps are really a bad idea. They are very harmful to the environment, and they damage your skin biome, which you need. It was proven during the Pandemic that antibacterial soap didn't work any better than ordinary natural soap - it's the scrubbing action and duration of cleaning that makes the difference.

Shampoo is another thing. Many people don't even use it at all. It robs your scalp of natural oils, which causes your system to try to produce more, which then makes you think you need to use more shampoo, and it's a viscous cycle. Shampoo is a modern invention.....people lived for thousands of years without it. I quit using shampoo entirely for about 5 years and my hair became healthier than it had ever been. Now I only use a very small amount about once a month and my hair looks great. If you feel you need to use shampoo get the mildest most natural kind you can find and use the smallest amount possible. Body lotions are another thing. Many of us need something on our skin to combat dryness, but you can use 100% shea butter, or coconut oil, or other natural things. You can even make your own all natural skin lotion or cream and know exactly what is in it. That's what I do, and it's so easy and inexpensive I wish I'd started doing it many years ago.

I get what you're saying Sunkacola, so much so, that I've stopped using the Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel I carried about everywhere in my bag
& replaced the bathroom anti-bacterial liquid soap Handwash with a plain non-scented bar of soap which am using instead & my hands feel better already!

Am also using Rubber Gloves to wash up &/or hand wash my clothes which I do regularly
as I'm minimalist when it comes to machines & Tech, so I don't have a Dishwasher, a washing machine, or a dryer,
my washing machine is a bucket.

I only wash my hair every few weeks or so & never use conditioner, as I learned a lesson by having a friend who has ended up at the far end of the washing hair spectrum & washes her hair every day but even so, it gets limp, flat & oily by night-time and I didn't want to go down that road.

I've also stopped going outside to water my plants after tea-time, as I finally figured out the Pollen Count is extremely high at that time,
as the TV weather man confirmed last night, so was very likely contributing to my Sinus issues,
especially as we've had no rain hereabouts for over a month.
So plan is I'll go out early morning & do it then instead.

May I ask if you clean your teeth with toothpaste?
The thought of using white Vinegar, which is on my banned food list anyway, is not a pleasant one!

Last edited:
Yes things were very scary in olden days and they thought epilepsy was possession too, apparently late 1800s early 1900s they sent women into mental institutions to have a lobotomy for something like depression (very scary stuff) and still to this day some drs think fibros imaginary or mental illness, I'm glad times have changed that's for sure , (they definitely would have dunked me as a witch) hello rainbow! 👋🏻 l 🩷 🌈 's

Yes things were very scary in olden days and they thought epilepsy was possession too, apparently late 1800s early 1900s they sent women into mental institutions to have a lobotomy for something like depression (very scary stuff) and still to this day some drs think fibros imaginary or mental illness, I'm glad times have changed that's for sure , (they definitely would have dunked me as a witch) hello rainbow! 👋🏻 l 🩷 🌈 's
Hello back Auriel & yes, I would have been burned at the stake for sure & yes, we are still being suspected by some of it 'all being in our heads',
I even think some of the people around me, including family, quietly think that too, which is perhaps, one of the most painful
(no pun intended) aspects of Invisible Illnesses & then there's the denial of course,
ie those that love me refuse to believe there's anything really wrong with me, as it rocks their world too much if they had to accept that,
so I get given no quarter.
Which is maybe even a good thing,
as I'd very likely feel much worse if people were fawning over me all the time & asking me if I was alright etc. or if I needed any help.
Once in a while would be nice though! :cautious::rolleyes:

Yes my (estranged) family aren't very nice about mine either (but they're seriously high is narcissism) and try and make people believe there's nothing wrong with me (it's just part of the smear campaign) as long as there's people that do believe, then that helps (I wouldn't want people asking if I was ok all time either I'd find it overwhelming) ☀️ 🌳🐦

Hi Rainbow, I wanted to wish you well, it's unbelievable what you've been through and must be incredibly difficult to cope with. To care is to love, both just and virtuous.

Hi Rainbow, I wanted to wish you well, it's unbelievable what you've been through and must be incredibly difficult to cope with. To care is to love, both just and virtuous.
That's so kind of you Badger, thank you.

Having researched it online it seems I tick every single box for MCAS,
If you want to see how you score on one of the semi-"official" checklists, search for mcas questionnaire bonn. Molderings in Bonn is one of the first & foremost experts / proponents.
another list of foods I can't eat & drinks I can't have.
Yup, that's what brought my list of what I can eat down to 50. The SIGHI list for histamine etc. is the one that seems most accepted and that I use. They're all different, cos it's not possible to measure histamine well. We trial eliminating according to the list(s), but then work out our own list. Some don't react much to food, rather to chemicals, environment etc.; some react but can take the enzyme DAO for all or some foods; for some DAO doesn't work well. Reducing the effect of histamine triggers (by avoiding & by using supps, if necessary meds) can allow to eat more normally/healthy, which would be the aim.
This is getting silly now
Yeah, "pile it on" I often joke when telling people about a new load of symptoms, which happens regularly every few months. The rule is the rules keep changing, knowing that is what makes me flexible. The absurdity is part of the game. The more we embrace that, the happier we can be on the roller coaster.
& question is, WHY are so many of us so ill with multiple afflictions & stuck with useless doctors & their useless, often dangerous meds.
I agree with sunkacola this might not be anything new. Hygiene & medicine has reduced other illnesses, which makes these more apparent. Docs & meds seem useless pitted against the ideal of perfection we hope for, long to go, but I wouldn't want to live with the docs & meds of 100 or 50 years ago.
I also don't believe any hidden agenda is necessary or could explain anything - pollution and stress might explain a lot, if it really were something new.
I suddenly realised my home is full of 'Products'...................
Stop the world, I want to get off!
Sounds like you've just done so.... 🎡 - jumped or fallen off the old world and taking first steps in a new one... The new roller coaster ride is best without the ballast and debris of the not-so-merry-go-round.
replaced the bathroom anti-bacterial liquid soap Handwash with a plain non-scented bar of soap which am using instead & my hands feel better already!
My hands were raw and chapped for months, when I suddenly realized I was using a similar but different liquid soap (calendula and more, organic, different brand). Since I changed back to the olive oil one, it's fine, better than just using water. Using that slightly cheaper organic brand just wasn't worth it, whether for body or for cleaning.

Last edited:
Having read that we are all now polluted with toxins & full of atomic plastic particles, every new born baby already has 83 chemicals in their bodies that shouldn't be there & as I've said before, the Soil & Water Tables are already contaminated, it's clear we are already poisoned from the inside.

So every effort we make to clear ourselves better by what we do/don't eat/drink/absorb etc, brings the words 'horse & stable door' to mind
& may or may not help our discomfort, as it seems the damage is already done so, plus we all react differently to everything.

Best case scenario is, if possible & one has a long enough life span left to experiment, avoidance of the worst of it, may perhaps,
help prevent exacerbating some symptoms, for some people but with huge variation amongst individuals
and that, in reality, is the best we can hope for but either which way, we are going to suffer.

I'm working on a compromise of avoiding what I can replace with acceptable (to me) alternatives but still having things I enjoy in moderation, now & then & if I find out there's a high price to pay with what I've just eaten, I'll put it on the avoid list but am not living a 'Tenko' Starvation Diet life, because I'b be very depressed & miserable about it if I did,
which is dangerous for me & one has to be just as aware of one's mental health too.

I may even trying 'flooding' & see if I can cope with the outcome till my body develops some tolerance, worth a try occasionally me thinks.

There's so many unknowns about MCAS I may even discover an alternative approach that works, who knows.

Anyway, that's my reasoning & am sticking to it, especially as I'm going out for a meal today :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back